New York held its annual comic-con last weekend and Marvel showed up with a lot of big news. We finally got our first look at the next show in Netflix’s line up: Iron Fist. The show follows Danny Rand, a young man who is bestowed… Read More »Marvel News Round Up: New York Comic-Con Edition
Marvel didn’t have a huge presence at D23 Expo this year. Once you call a surprise meeting and lay out your movie plans for the next five years, there’s not much more to share. That, plus the fact that the show stopper of the conference… Read More »Marvel News Round Up: D23 Expo Edition
Believe it or not, we’re already at the end of February and spring Break is almost upon us. But before we break out the swimsuits and sunglasses, here are the top 5 posts from last week. We looked at seven attractions that Disney wouldn’t build… Read More »Top Posts of the week on The Disney Blog
In case you missed them, here are the most visited stories of the week on The Disney Blog.
We had two major construction updates last week.
- First we looked at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which added 11 new animal ‘carvings’ to the roots area of the Tree of Life. It makes for a great new photo spot. Much of the park is behind construction walls as they prepare to add two new nighttime shows, a water show called “Rivers of Light” and a street spectacular that does not yet have a name, on Discovery Island. Our second update includes looks at those two projects along with some smaller changes.
- Disney Springs transformation was the focus of our second construction update. While the parking garage is not fully open, the new spot-finder lights are working. Additionally, construction on the Landing is moving fast with some shops open and many more getting close. Of course, there’s still a long way to go. Marketplace Co-op also added custom mobile cases sizes including the Galaxy S5 (my phone, yeah!).
- We found out the Walt Disney World Speedway will be going under the bulldozer at the end of June, which means the Richard Petty Driving Experience and Exotic Car Experience will be closing then too.
- Ticket prices at Walt Disney World are rumored to be going up soon. We examined what that means in terms of perceived value for guests.
- Luigi’s Flying Tires closed at DCA to make way for a new ride system in 2016.
A lot of news coming out of Walt Disney Studios too:Read More »Top posts of the week at The Disney Blog – Week 6
There’s a lot of fun things going on in the world of Marvel, so let’s get to it.
Captain America opened up last week as number one in the box office (no surprise there). Opening with $92.6 million, the Winter Soldier now holds the record for the largest movie opening in April ever.
I don’t normally talk about rumors but this one is fun. At the St. Louis Comic-con, Nathan Fillion was asked if he would accept a role in Guardians of the Galaxy if he was asked. Besides being the epitome of a Joss Whedon alum, Fillion has also worked with Guardians’ director James Gunn on Castle. Here’s his response.
There was also a new clip from Guardians of the Galaxy on MTV.
The weekend of May 6, 2016 will be an interesting weekend at the box office. Marvel announced that Captain America 3 will open that weekend which is the same weekend as their Distinguished Competition’s Superman/Batman movie.Read More »Marvel News Roundup – Life After The Winter Soldier
Long time readers of the blog will remember the regular Disney Blog news roundup feature. We took some time every week to share some of the best writing from across the Disney blogosphere with a wider audience. We’ll we’re bringing it back, at least as… Read More »Disney Blog Roundup