Believe it or not, we’re already at the end of February and spring Break is almost upon us. But before we break out the swimsuits and sunglasses, here are the top 5 posts from last week. We looked at seven attractions that Disney wouldn’t build… Read More »Top Posts of the week on The Disney Blog
the disney blog
In case you missed them, here are the most visited stories of the week on The Disney Blog.
We had two major construction updates last week.
- First we looked at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which added 11 new animal ‘carvings’ to the roots area of the Tree of Life. It makes for a great new photo spot. Much of the park is behind construction walls as they prepare to add two new nighttime shows, a water show called “Rivers of Light” and a street spectacular that does not yet have a name, on Discovery Island. Our second update includes looks at those two projects along with some smaller changes.
- Disney Springs transformation was the focus of our second construction update. While the parking garage is not fully open, the new spot-finder lights are working. Additionally, construction on the Landing is moving fast with some shops open and many more getting close. Of course, there’s still a long way to go. Marketplace Co-op also added custom mobile cases sizes including the Galaxy S5 (my phone, yeah!).
- We found out the Walt Disney World Speedway will be going under the bulldozer at the end of June, which means the Richard Petty Driving Experience and Exotic Car Experience will be closing then too.
- Ticket prices at Walt Disney World are rumored to be going up soon. We examined what that means in terms of perceived value for guests.
- Luigi’s Flying Tires closed at DCA to make way for a new ride system in 2016.
A lot of news coming out of Walt Disney Studios too:Read More »Top posts of the week at The Disney Blog – Week 6
The Disney Blog came to life in June of 2004. I had been blogging off and on about personal things, the real estate market (while we attempted to sell our home), and career prospects since 1998. I had also been writing for the Disneyland travel planning website LaughingPlace.com since August of 1999. But when I looked around in 2004, there weren’t any blogs that focused on the entire Disney company, just a few talking about Walt Disney World and showing off photos of the parks and resorts. You’re supposed to write about your passion, and there are few things I’m more passionate about than the legacy of Walt Disney and all the magic he brought to the world.
Sadly, some of the original posts I wrote during that time were lost when moving from Typepad to self hosted WordPress. But thanks to Archive.org, we have a good luck at how simple the blog was at its beginning.
We’ve tried to keep as much of that simple look and feel as possible through the years. But it does look like technology has finally caught up with us. We’ll be exploring options for moving to a responsible design or a mobile template in the near future.
But enough about the blog, this is really about you. The readers. I would probably still be writing about Disney in one form or another, but I definitely wouldn’t be working this hard on The Disney Blog if it wasn’t for you. Thank you for all the emails, comments, social media likes and shares, and for telling your friends about the blog.
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of The Disney Blog, we’re throwing a “Year of Giving.” Each week we’ll be giving away prizes. Some large, some small. But all with the goal of saying thank you for being part of The Disney Blog community! Read More »The Disney Blog 10th Anniversary kicks off a year of giving
The Croissant Doughnut (aka Cronut) is a recent addition to the list of delicious treats at EPCOT. It reminds me very much of the Beaver Tails (I knew them as Elephant Ears growing up in PDX) they used to serve in Canada, only shaped like… Read More »Finally getting to the Cronut at EPCOT
This blog was founded before the days of YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook. In fact, the first “social media” account it had was on MySpace. We may have been late comers to some channels, but have grown to love the communities of fans that have grown… Read More »Join The Disney Blog Community
Last month I wrote that posting on The Disney Blog would be sparse while I recovered from open heart surgery to correct a congenital defect. I admit, I did not intend for posting to be this sparse. However, I felt it was important to focus… Read More »The Disney Blog: Status Update
I owe the community of Disney fans that call The Disney Blog home a huge thanks. I couldn’t do this without you. Owning the blog has allowed me many opportunities I wouldn’t otherwise have received, including the chance to become friends with some amazing people.… Read More »Update from The Disney Blogger
In June of 2004 we had just made the decision to move to Orlando from the Las Vegas area where we had bought a house more than four years prior. In the time since we put the 1st deposit on the home, the Dot-Com bubble… Read More »Celebrating 9 Years of The Disney Blog