Dust off that fedora, there’s life in the Indiana Jones franchise yet. In between dropping details of future Star Wars films, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy, let Vanity Fair know that while they haven’t started on writing a script, they are talking about the next film.… Read More »Lucasfilm President confirms new Indiana Jones movie planned
When Disney acquired Lucasfilm, all eyes immediately focused on the Star Wars property. After all, fans were eager to wash out the bad taste of the prequels. Then things got interesting. With rumors that the original cast were coming, Star Wars fans were thrown into a fever pitch of excitement.
Of course we now know that Luke, Leia, and Han are coming back. At what cost though? A year ago, there was a rumor that for Harrison, that meant another Indiana Jones. The story goes that as part of his negotiations for piloting the Falcon one more time, he leveraged Disney to start production on Indiana Jones 5.
There has been little news up until now. Bob Iger has commented that they are simply pacing themselves. After Crystal Skull, who can blame them. It still seems Disney is looking for a story though.
For me, this is incredibly encouraging. That Disney is taking their time is huge for me. I love the Indiana Jones movies and I think there really isn’t anything like them in cinema. While Crystal Skull was ultimately a let down, it still felt like an Indiana Jones movie. It gave me the same sense of excitement and everything. This was then dashed upon the rocks but still, it satisfied a need.Read More »Does Disney have big plans for Indiana Jones?
It’s a two-fer with our second Behind the Scenes video of the day. This time it’s a look at The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. EPIC, as it’s called by Cast Members, celebrated its 22nd anniversary last week and is still… Read More »Behind the Scenes at The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Sad news tonight from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. A stunt performer at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular died during an evening rehearsal for the show. The Orlando Sentinel reports that he died after doing a tumbling roll. Sad proof that even what may seem like… Read More »Cast Member dies after Indiana Jones Stunt Show Rehearsal Accident
- OSHA report contradicts Disney World story on death of cast member at Primeval Whirl in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Fines have been levied for infractions related to the death and other incidents.
- Want to become a Toy Story Midway Mania Master? Then head on over to Kevin Yee’s Ultimate Orlando Blog where Kevin has posted a series of spoilers on how to get to some of the higher point score targets.
- The OC Register has video and photos of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Disneyland. Very nice, wish I could be there myself. (Although shouldn’t Indy be a bit older?)
- Here’s a nice trip report from Mary who was bringing her family to Disneyland for the first time. Definitely a different perspective. (She’s also from Portland and I remember making those Disneyland trips yearly.)
- I wanted to make sure I pointed out this song covering “That’s How You Know” from Disney’s Enchanted by Demi Lovato. Lovato is rumored to be in the process of being groomed by Disney to replace Miley Cyrus should she ever depart the Mouse House. Btw, the Covering The Mouse blog continues to impress.
- Today marked the grand re-opening of Gatorland’s new gift shop and administration building. The park’s iconic Jaws survived a devastating fire 18 months ago. I wish I had made it over there, but the Orlando Sentinel did and has pictures of the Gator Jaws and a report on the re-opening.
- If there is one thing I love as much as Disney, it’s food. So when the two combine I am extra happy. This June the Food Network will air a Cake Challenge episode where four professional cake artists compete to create the best Pixar-themed cake. I’m just guessing, but I bet WALL-E will figure in some how. Set your reminders now.
- Also check out the Disney Movie Surfer’s look at the making of Pixar’s WALL-E.
Finally, as today’s Video Bonus Round click below the cut to check out this rare 1979 commercial advertising Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland.
Read More »Two For Tuesday – Disney Link Roundup
Disneyland has invited intrepid archaeologist Indiana Jones to explore Adventureland in celebration of
his latest movie “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”. After rescuing the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail from the forces of evil, returning the Sankara Stones to their rightful place, and battling sinister foreign agents to find a mysterious Crystal Skull, what’s Indiana Jones going to do next? He’s going to Disneyland!
Beginning May 22, deep in the heart of Adventureland – not far from the treacherous Temple of the Forbidden Eye, home to the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction – the daring Dr. Jones will take Disneyland guests on a thrilling series of exploits in the season-long “Indiana Jones Summer of Hidden Mysteries”.
Guests will be invited to become archaeologists, to interact with Indy himself and to journey deep into exotic jungles to unscramble clues, all the while learning what life is like for one of the greatest adventure heroes of all time.
I review the latest Indiana Jones film and report from the campout at the Big Newport in Newport Beach here.