It’s a brave new world beyond the video game arcade and in the much anticipated sequel to Wreck-it Ralph misfit outcasts Vanellope von Schweetz and Ralph must venture into the expansive, crazy world of the Internet on a very important mission to save Vanellope’s game… Read More »Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 Teaser Trailer
Big news out of CinemaCon today from Walt Disney Animation Studios as we learned the full title and more plot details for the Wreck-it Ralph sequel. “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2” will see Ralph leave the relative safety of the arcade and take… Read More »Wreck-it Ralph Sequel gets a title and more detail
I’m a big fan of Hand Drawn animation, as are many Disney fans. But we haven’t been enough to save the artform from withering on the tree at Walt Disney Animation Studios. In April, Burbank let go most of the hand-drawn animation team. It’s a shame, because artists like Nick Ranieri can still crank out some pretty amazing stuff with pen and and paper.
Here’s a pencil test for Wreck-it Ralph from Ranieri. The film’s directors used it to get a sense for how the character would move and act while the CG Animation Department was still working in early stages.
Below the jump is another pencil test, this time from Eric Goldberg, of King Candy:
It’s been a few weeks since Wreck-it Ralph hit the shelves and if you haven’t already added it to your collection, what are you waiting for? Walt Disney Animation Studios’ latest hit shows that it still has the ability to craft great stories and to provide the artistic ability required to tell them. That’s a unique combination you won’t find in too many other places in the animation universe.
Plus while Wreck-it Ralph is a love letter to the gaming industry, it’s also thoroughly understandable by someone with even just a passing interest in video games. This is the attention for detail that old Disney classics were famous for.
I won’t go into the plot details of the move as you can read that in my review here.
There are multiple ways to get your copy of Wreck-it Ralph: HD Digital and HD Digital 3D, 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, SD Digital and On-Demand. That’s a nice variety. But you’ll have to check the descriptions carefully to make sure you’re getting the bonus materials.
The bonus materials for include:
- Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of “Wreck-It Ralph” – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph.” The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
- Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
- Video Game Commercials – Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film – Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
- “Paperman” – This animated short film played in theaters before “Wreck It Ralph.” It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials Includes:
- Disney Intermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.
Paperman is pretty amazing and the Intermission thing is cool, but my favorite are always the alternate and deleted scenes. Definitely would have been a different movie had these been in there.
Chances are you are reading this post from your mobile device while camped out in front of the store of your choice waiting for the Blu-ray Combo Pack release of Disney’s animated hit (and Academy Award nominee) Wreck-It Ralph. Good. You should be (although the… Read More »Get Your Wreck-It Ralph Fix Tomorrow
In celebration of Wreck-It Ralph’s availability on HD Digital Download (iTunes) this week and 3D Blu-ray DVD Combo Pack on 3/5 Disney has shared these two deleted scenes from the Oscar nominated movie!
In the first clip Dunderson shares an idea with Ralph for a new game called X-Treme EZ Living featuring the good life with no good or bad guys to get Ralph to bust them out of prison.
The Walt Disney Company brought home 11 awards at the 40th Annie Awards on Saturday evening at UCLA’s Royce Hall. Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” was named best animated film of 2012 and earned three other awards. We’ll see if this is a harbinger of the Academy Awards later this month, but it’s definitely a good sign.
Other notable wins include “Paperma”n (watch here) for best animated short subject and “The Avengers” for best animated effects in a live action production. Although “Tron: Uprising” won’t be renewed, it won two awards.
The full list of winners from Disney’s camp is below the cut:Read More »Disney Cleans Up at Annie Awards
I think Disney’s marketing team has picked up their game a bit in 2012 and 2013 appears to be getting off to a great start too. Check out how they’ve remade East London’s famous Brick Lane into “8-Bit Lane” to celebrate the UK release of… Read More »Disney Gives 8-Bit Makeover to London Street for Wreck-it Ralph UK Debut