It was a tragic death that should never have happened. Petty Holdings employee Gary Terry was a passenger in an Italian sports car on the exotic driving course at the Walt Disney World Speedway, traveling at high speed in the opposite direction the track’s safety… Read More »Death at Walt Disney World Speedway results in small fine from OSHA
richard petty driving experience
Update: Official word from Drive Petty representative is that the Exotic Driving Experience plans to reopen on May 1. They gave us this statement: “As of today, the plan is to resume EDE operations in Orlando. However, we are evaluating the situation during the ongoing… Read More »Exotic Driving Experience at Walt Disney Speedway could close permanently
FHP and OSHA investigators have additional insights based off the in-car camera that filmed the crash. While the video hasn’t been released to the public, it shows both a view of the driver and passenger inside the car, and a forward facing view looking out… Read More »FHP reveals more details of fatal Walt Disney World Speedway crash.
Major elements updated at 7pm ET: Driver’s age, vehicle, and which experience. Local news is reporting that the Florida Highway Patrol has been called to the Walt Disney World Speedway for a fatality. The speedway is home to the Richard Petty Driving Experience and the… Read More »Fatality reported at Walt Disney World Speedway
The Richard Petty Driving Experience and Exotic Driving has received a brief reprieve from Walt Disney World and will now remain open until August 9th. This gives Florida residents more time to enjoy a special 25% discount before Disney moves in and demolishes the Walt… Read More »Richard Petty Driving Experience Extended Until August 9th
Even though Disney has asked the Richard Petty Driving Experience and Exotic Driving Experience throw its final checkered flag this summer, fun experiences are still available at Walt Disney World Speedway now through the end of May. “Any Florida resident can take advantage of this… Read More »Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway offers Florida Resident discount
In case you missed them, here are the most visited stories of the week on The Disney Blog.
We had two major construction updates last week.
- First we looked at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which added 11 new animal ‘carvings’ to the roots area of the Tree of Life. It makes for a great new photo spot. Much of the park is behind construction walls as they prepare to add two new nighttime shows, a water show called “Rivers of Light” and a street spectacular that does not yet have a name, on Discovery Island. Our second update includes looks at those two projects along with some smaller changes.
- Disney Springs transformation was the focus of our second construction update. While the parking garage is not fully open, the new spot-finder lights are working. Additionally, construction on the Landing is moving fast with some shops open and many more getting close. Of course, there’s still a long way to go. Marketplace Co-op also added custom mobile cases sizes including the Galaxy S5 (my phone, yeah!).
- We found out the Walt Disney World Speedway will be going under the bulldozer at the end of June, which means the Richard Petty Driving Experience and Exotic Car Experience will be closing then too.
- Ticket prices at Walt Disney World are rumored to be going up soon. We examined what that means in terms of perceived value for guests.
- Luigi’s Flying Tires closed at DCA to make way for a new ride system in 2016.
A lot of news coming out of Walt Disney Studios too:Read More »Top posts of the week at The Disney Blog – Week 6
Sad news for NASCAR fans who also love Walt Disney World. The Richard Petty Driving Experience available at the Walt Disney World Speedway will close effective July 1, 2015. This means the end of the Piston Cup Junior Ride-Along with the Pixar “Cars” themed cars… Read More »Richard Petty Driving Experience Leaving Walt Disney World Speedway