This year’s Disney+ Day is going to be Asgardian huge with the announcement that Marvel’s “Thor: Love and Thunder” will debut on the streamer September 8, 2022.
About “Thor: Love and Thunder”
Marvel’s “Thor: Love and Thunder” debuted in theaters this summer on July 8, 2022.
It takes place following the events of 2019’s “Avengers: Endgame,” when Thor joins the Guardians of the Galaxy members for a ride off of Earth.
When Thor Odinson (Chris Hemsworth) is alerted that fellow Gods are being killed, his quest to find out who is doing it reunites him with his past love Jane Foster (Natalie Portman)…who has now become The Mighty Thor.
The film also stars Tessa Thompson, Christian Bale, Russell Crowe, Jaimie Alexander, Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillian, Vin Diesel, Sean Gunn, and more.
It is the fourth Thor movie in the MCU, and the second with director Taika Waititi, who stars in the film as Korg.
About Disney+ Day
In addition to “Thor: Love and Thunder,” this year’s event on September 8 has several other Disney+ debuts, including
- “Cars on the Road“
- the live-action film “Pinocchio” starting Tom Hanks
- Nat Geo’s “Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory“
- the documentary series “Growing Up“
- sing-along versions of “Frozen” and “Frozen 2”
- “Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return,” a new making of documentary about the Star Wars series.