Disney Springs always has a lot to offer a foodie visiting Walt Disney World, and whether you prefer sweet or savory, and we have a bunch of news to share to kick off the new year.
January 2023 brings Disney Springs foodie news of special events, limited-time menu items, and so much more.
Are you hungry? Let’s go…
The Edison hosts monthly mixology events at Disney Springs and this month’s Mixology Series will offer cocktails and accompanying bites inspired by Angel’s Envy whiskey. The event’s classes take place Jan 5, 12, and 18, 2023.
Tickets are $65 per person (tax/gratuity additional), per evening, and attendees must be 21 or older. Visit The Edison’s event page for more information, or to book.
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a must-stop for a Disney Springs foodie, and there are several limited items to enjoy in January that will thrill fans of cookie butter and butterscotch.
- Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cookie: The dough includes Biscoff Cookie Butter, and is packed with premium Butterscotch Chips (not the overly sweet cheap stuff!) and crushed Biscoff Cookies. Available daily.
- Cookie Butter Butterscotch Cold Brew: If you love the flavors in this month’s Cookie, the new Nitro Cold Brew has you covered in liquid caffeinated form! It’s also Vegan and Gluten-Free. Available daily.
- Cookie Butter Buttercream Cake: This is a luscious Vanilla Cake covered in Cookie Butter Buttercream. Gideon says it’s simple because the buttercream might be the best thing ever, and nothing needs to distract you from it. Available today, Jan. 1, by the slice, and then every Wednesday and Saturday of January.
Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs is proud to host the fifth annual Ramen Rumble in partnership with event founders Jason & Sue Chin of Good Salt Restaurant Group on Monday, January 23, 2023.
Five of Orlando’s best and brightest chefs will compete for the championship title, bragging rights, the coveted “Broth Belt” trophy, and a portion of the proceeds with be donated to the event’s charity partner, Give Kids the World.
Tickets include five steaming bowls of tasty ramen (one from each chef’s entry), one non-alcoholic beverage, and one free sample beer from Ivanhoe Brewing.
Individual tickets are sold-out for both seating times (5:30-7:30pm and 8:30pm-10:30pm), but for both seatings, there are still four-person VIP booths available for $650 (+ tax/gratuity), and a Private VIP room for up to six people for $800 (+ tax/gratuity).
For more details, or to purchase a booth/room, visit MorimotoAsia.com/Ramen-Rumble.
The restaurant has a limited-time lunch special available Monday-Friday: Order a Mufelatta Sandwich and if you’re 21+, you’ll receive a complimentary Paddlefish Lager. Mention the lunch special to your server, as it’s not on the menu.
Salt & Straw
The limited ice cream flavors for January 2023 at Salt & Straw are part of the “The Dairy-Free Decadence Series.”
All of this month’s limited flavors are vegan, according to the company, and they include:
- Bananas Foster – A luscious banana caramel spiced with rum and molasses swirled throughout a delicate banana-infused ice cream
- Chocolate Sorbet – Dark cocoa powders mixed with rich chocolate to create a velvety ganache blended into a sorbet with a dash of flaky salt
- Peanut Butter Brittle Caramel Fudge – Creamy coconut vanilla ice cream drizzled with a housemade semi-sweet caramel fudge swirl then flecked with shards of peanut butter brittle
- Red Velvet Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting – Bits of spongy red velvet cake infused in coconut ice cream swirled with red velvet batter and topped with hunks of red velvet cake slathered in tangy cream cheese frosting
- Toasted Oat Milk & Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies dunked into a silky cinnamon spiked vanilla oat milk ice cream with hunks of ultra-rich chocolate ganache
The bakery is offering several limited cupcake flavors throughout January. Here are some of the flavors:
- Now through January 8: Kir Royale – In partnership with Une Femme wines, it features a sparkling rosė cake with a raspberry Chambord jam core, and cream cheese frosting marbled with raspberry Chambord jam, all topped with an Une Femme decoration.
- Now through January 8: Pop Tarts – featuring a vanilla cake, lined with a pink sugar cookie crust, filled with strawberry jam, topped with strawberry frosting… then finished with drizzled vanilla buttercream, red sugar crystals, and a mini Pop Tart on top.
- January 9-29: S’more – A Graham cracker lined Belgian dark chocolate cake filled with bittersweet chocolate ganache and topped with toasted marshmallow frosting.
- January 16-29: Lunar New Year Gold House Almond Red Velvet – This special cupcake starts with Sprinkles’ iconic red velvet cake with slivered almonds, lined with a traditional Double Dragon almond cookie crust, and topped with almond cream cheese frosting and a Gold House custom decoration.
Sunshine Diner by Chef Art Smith
Fans of Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ Kitchen at Disney Springs will be excited to know the Chef now has a new restaurant at the Orlando International Airport.
Located in Terminal C, near Gates C230-C238, the Sunshine Diner by Chef Art Smith celebrates the comfort of the classic diner, with local & modern twists.
Wine Bar George
Another Disney Springs favorite is coming to Orlando International Airport, as Wine Bar George will soon have a location in the airport’s new Terminal C.
It will offer 75 wines all available by the glass, the bottle and the ounce, from a selection of wines from around the world.
The food menu, led by Ron Rupert, Director of Culinary Development for Wine Bar George, will include breakfast, small plates, cheese and charcuterie, and entrees.
We’ll let you know when it officially opens.
Pingback: The Family-Friendly Disney Springs Kids Club Kicks Off Jan. 28 at Walt Disney World | The Disney Blog