Disney Springs has a lot to offer a foodie visiting Walt Disney World, whether you prefer sweet or savory, and we have a bunch of news to share.
December 2022 brings Disney Springs foodie news of holiday treats, special events, and limited-time menu items, just to name a few of the yummy news bites we have for you.
Are you hungry? Let’s go…
Offering four holiday treats through Dec. 30:
- Holiday Mickey Mousse – Delight in a chocolate chiffon cake inspired by Mickey Mouse and Santa Claus—featuring white and dark chocolate mousse, and white chocolate crisp pearls
- Holiday Wreath Pastry – Indulge in a holiday dessert that’s almost too pretty to eat—featuring ginger-spice mousse, salted caramel sauce, gingerbread cookie and pralines
- Ornament Mousse Dome Cake – Sweeten your day in a festive way with this gingerbread cake featuring hot-chocolate mousse and toasted-marshmallow mousse
- Santa Clause Petit Cake – Enjoy a sweet tribute to the new Disney+ Original series, The Santa Clauses! This whimsical chocolate chiffon cake features chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chips and vanilla mousse
Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ Kitchen
The restaurant has added some limited-time items to the menu for the holidays, including:
- Britton’s Chicken Salad Sandwich – Britton Smith’s recipe with pulled chicken, celery, grapes, Duke’s Mayo, and savory spices. Served with lettuce and tomato on artisan bread for $19
- Brunswick Stew – A savory tomato-based broth, slow-cooked with pulled pork, chicken, peas, corn, lima beans, and fresh herbs, served with artisanal toast on the side for $14
- Chopped BLT Salad – Double-chopped iceberg lettuce with fried green tomato, pecan- smoked bacon, blue cheese crumbles, heirloom tomato, and red onion tossed in blue cheese icebox dressing and drizzled with balsamic reduction for $18
- Chopped Pork Barbecue – Lean pork is cooked low and slow then dressed with sweet and spicy barbecue sauce. Served with Momma’s mac and cheese, Southern Slaw, and a cheddar drop biscuit for $28
- Jasper Board – An array of Southern charcuterie. Shaved honey ham, smoked sausage, country ham, pimento cheese, chicken salad, tomato-bacon jam, B&B pickles, candied pecans, crostini, and house made crackers for $28
- Skillet Fried Chicken Paillard – Chef Art Smith’s spin on piccata. Buttermilk-brined chicken is pounded thin, hand-breaded and skillet-fried, then topped with lemon butter, garlic and capers. Served with roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus for $28
- Sweet Potato Mashed Skillet – Warm mashed sweet potatoes smothered in mini-marshmallows, served and ready to enjoy for $9
The Edison hosts monthly mixology events at Disney Springs and this month’s Mixology Series will offer cocktails and accompanying bites inspired by Patron Tequila. The event’s remaining classes take place Dec 8 and 15, 2022.
Tickets are $65 per person (tax/gratuity additional), per evening, and attendees must be 21 or older. Visit The Edison’s event page for more information, or to book.
Enzo’s is offering three new cocktails for the holidays:
- White Christmas Bourbon Smash – This drink features Jim Beam Black bourbon, rosemary simple syrup, lime juice and a splash of seltzer.
- Merry Melon – Features midori with Absolut Vodka, topped with lemon-lime soda.
- Cranberry Limoncello Spritzer – Made with Limoncello, white cranberry juice and prosecco.
- Babbo Natale Flight – Taste all the best flavors of the season with these special 2 oz. pours of the three beverages.
Offering four holiday treats through Dec. 30:
- Minnie Reindeer Piñata – Celebrate the holidays with a festive Minnie Mouse-themed treat—adorably adorned with reindeer antlers and a red nose. Smash into this dark chocolate sphere to find peppermint bark inside
- Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise – Discover a holiday treat that’s worth melting for—a hot cocoa bomb made with The Ganachery’s signature chocolate, filled with marshmallows.
- Peppermint Bark – Satisfy your sweet tooth with a classic holiday dessert featuring chocolate and peppermint candy pieces.
- Rowdy Reindeer – Sip on a creamy coquito—a classic holiday beverage—served in a milk-chocolate reindeer. It can be made with or without alcohol. Available starting Dec. 18.
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a must-stop for a Disney Springs foodie, and there are several limited items to enjoy in December.
- Kris Kringle Cookie – This complexly flavored White Chocolate Coffee Bean Cookie will fill your spirit with Coconut, Caramel, and Vanilla Bean notes. The bitterness of the Coffee Bean balances the sweetness to perfection.
- Cookie Vom Krampus – This deeply rich super Chocolate Cookie is infused with the icy cool of a frozen heart and covered in dreadfully delicious Andes Mint.
- Kris Kringle Cake – Soft Vanilla Cake filled with specs of ground coffee and covered in a fluffy Marshmallow Buttercream blended with Coconut and Vanilla Bean flavors, and ribboned with housemade Salted Caramel.
- Cake Vom Krampus – Never before seen is this sinful Red Velvet Cake covered in an ultra Mint Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Krampus Cold Brew – Krampus has his own darkly refreshing drink, combining our Cold Brew with a rich and velvety Chocolate Mint homemade sauce.
Jaleo is hosting a Chef’s Dinner at Jaleo Academy on December 15, with an intimate four-course dinner led by Jaleo’s team of expert chefs and mixologists. Beginning at 6:30pm, guests will be greeted with drinks and an assortment of Jaleo’s award-winning tapas before enjoying an hour of chef demonstrations with savory recipes easily replicated at home, including Gazpacho Remolacha, Butifarra Casera and Tarta de Queso Vasca.
Tickets are $250 per person, and include all beverages, food and gratuity. Purchase at Jaleo.com.
Salt & Straw
December’s limited ice cream flavors at Salt & Straw are part of the “The Holiday Series.”
This month’s Holdiay flavors are:
- Dwanta’s Teremana Spiked Eggnog – Rich, silky custard ice cream spiked with notes of oaky vanilla from Teremana’s Reposado tequila and a splash of amontillado sherry
- Almond Brittle w/ Salted Ganache – Chocolate coated almond brittle with hunks of creamy chocolate ganache swirled in a vanilla ice cream
- Peppermint Cocoa – Housemade peppermint fondant swirl hand-drizzled in a rich cocoa ice cream
- Gingerbread Cookie Dough – Homemade molasses cookie butter and bits of freshly baked gingerbread cookies layered in a rum royal icing ice cream
- The Great Cookie Swap (vegan) – Quintessential holiday cookies—snickerdoodles, marionberry thumbprints, chocolate almond bark, and molasses cookies—sprinkled in a luscious coconut cream
Swirls on the Water
Offering two holiday dishes:
- Peppermint Chocolate Bark Soft Serve Nachos – featuring peppermint soft serve, chocolate soft serve and waffle chips topped with whipped cream, chocolate candies and chocolate sauce
- Frozen Hot Chocolate Float with Peppermint Soft-Serve – frozen “hot” chocolate topped with peppermint soft-serve and white-chocolate peppermint bark
Pingback: Disney Springs Foodie News Roundup for Jan. 2023: Gideon’s, Morimoto Asia, Wine Bar George, and More | The Disney Blog