Earlier this year, Walt Disney World made the decision to move certain attractions from individual Lightning Lane purchase to the Disney Genie+ service for a period of time that was to end today, August 7, 2022.
This week, Disney provided an update on those attractions and their Genie+ status.
The attractions that were included in the move from Lightning Lane to Genie+ were:
- Magic Kingdom Park: “Space Mountain”
- EPCOT: “Frozen Ever After”; “Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure”
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: “Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway”
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: “Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain”
For Guests who were worried the attractions would revert back to Lightning Lane, I’m happy to report they are staying where they are for the foreseeable future.
Disney has decided “that these attractions will be offered through the Disney Genie+ service beyond Aug. 7 to continue providing Guests with more options while using the service.”
Individual Lightning Lane Attractions
That leaves just four attractions throughout Walt Disney World that have Lightning Lane entrances for individual purchase a la carte and are not offered through the Disney Genie+ service.
These attractions are:
- Magic Kingdom: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- EPCOT: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Avatar Flight of Passage
As of June 8, 2022, Disney Genie+ is no longer available for purchase in advance for visits to Walt Disney World.
Guests are only able to purchase the service on the day of their visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability. So yes, you have to get up each day of your visit to purchase Genie+ if you want it for that day.
Please check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for the full list of attractions offered through Disney Genie+ and via Lightning Lane.