Earlier this month, Walt Disney World announced the Boardwalk Bakery would be transformed into the BoardWalk Deli, and now they’re revealing the menu.
Boardwalk Deli will be inspired by the delis of the Northeast region of the U.S., according to Disney, and its menu will include fresh deli sandwiches, fresh baked breads, and a selection of bakery items.
It will offer quick service breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
For a quick bite in the morning, the deli will offer house-baked bagels with a choice of schmear, and a variety of sweet breakfast pastries.
There will also be warm bagel sandwiches. Some of these delicious options will include an Everything Bagel Sandwich with cage-free eggs, sausage, and cheddar cheese, and a Bagel Breakfast Sandwich with cage-free eggs, bacon, sweet caramelized onions, and cheddar cheese.
There will also be a Plant-based Ciabatta Sandwich with “egg” Florentine, plant-based cheese, tomato jam, and arugula.
Lunch and Dinner
The rest of the day is all about great deli sandwiches, served on traditional marble rye, fluffy ciabatta, or soft and springy focaccia breads.
Like the breakfast bagels, all breads are baked fresh in-house.
Signature sandwiches include:
- Italian Sub – built with layer upon layer of thinly sliced capicola, sopressata, and pepperoni with provolone, arugula, tomato, arugula pesto, and mayonnaise on fresh-baked ciabatta bread.
- Warm Pastrami Reuben – generous rolls of thin-sliced warm pastrami topped with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing on marble rye bread.
- Veggie Crunch Muffaletta – a plant-based twist on a classic, it is stacked with cured and pickled root vegetables, an olive-giardiniera tapenade and plant-based cheese, served on focaccia.
All of sandwiches are served with a side of house-made chips, creamy coleslaw, or soup. Add a house-made whole dill pickle for a bit of tanginess.
Other options include a Roasted Chicken Sandwich with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and roasted garlic aioli served on ciabatta, along with a traditional Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Soup.
Whether it’s a sweet pick-me-up, or a meal finisher, there will still be a lot of bakery options to enjoy including:
- The Cannolis – filled to order with a creamy blend of mascarpone cheese, ricotta, and shaved dark chocolate, with a hint of lemon zest and a touch of Mickey.
- The Blueberry Scone – made with crème fraiche and topped with pearl sugar.
- New Jersey Crumbcake – a moist cake with a thick cinnamon-crumb topping.
- New York-style Half-moon Cookie – topped with rich chocolate ganache and buttercream.
- Cream Puff – hand-piped with silky custard and dipped in chocolate.
- Raspberry Danish – layered with velvet custard, fresh raspberries, and sugar crumble.
There will also be the return of warm and gooey Cinnamon Yummies – a BoardWalk Bakery favorite – along with cookies, Brownie Cheesecake, brownies, the Cookies & Cream Cupcake, and the 50th Anniversary Celebration Cupcake.
In addition to the regular assortment of non-alcoholic beverages, the BoardWalk Deli will also be serving a couple adult drinks.
Organic wine spritzes by Ramona will be available in flavors of dry grapefruit, blood orange, and meyer lemon.
There wll also be craft cocktails from Social House, including “Sunkissed Fizz,” a bright and juicy vodka fizz that balances notes of ripe fruit and crisp citrus, and the “Prizefighter,” a bold and refreshing Collins built around the classic combo of whiskey and peach.
The Opening Date
The space will reopen as the deli later this summer on the resort’s Boardwalk promenade.
When we hear of an exact date, we’ll let you know so you have time to build up your appetite to try everything.
What do you want to enjoy first? Let us know in the comments.