Have you heard about the new 4DX ultimate movie experience. It features motion chairs and in theater special effects like wind and rain choreographed to Hollywood’s most popular feature films. The movie enhancing experience is taking a journey to the pride lands starting this weekend with 22 locations in the U.S. and Canada hosting Disney’s “The Lion King.”
When you step into the theater to see “The Lion King” in 4DX you will experience its magical ‘Savanna Riding’ motion design, engineered to capture the African wildlife’s dynamic movements in the most exciting ways. The Pride Land and its wild animals, re-imaged in real life, have met with 4DX to give moviegoers of all ages – the majestic feeling of roaming the vast Savanna with the wildlife.
Breathtaking visuals, a touching story that transcends the flow of time, classic songs by some of the best artists, and 4DX have all come together to create what will no doubt be Disney’s most spectacular show to date. The rumble and roar of African wildlife will knock on your heart through 4DX motion chair beats while the upbeat rhythm of Simba running through the jungle and striding on the famous Pride Rock will arouse movie fan’s nostalgia from classic Lion King Musical.
Some great 4DX scenes and moments in the film include:
- The wildebeest stampede scene: fog, wind, motion + vibration, and air shots – capturing the suspense, chairs following the thunderous movements
- The mighty roar of Mufasa: vibration + motion
- Scent: capturing the scents of the safari plains, the ominous elephant graveyard, the umami of the bugs in the logs, and the iconic waterfall from the famous Hakuna Matata scene
- Experience the thrill of the hunt through wind, motion + vibration, scent, capturing the speed and agility of the lions
- Iconic “Hakuna Matata” scene: chairs dance along to the song – heave, pitch, and vibration plus when they cross the waterfall, there’s also water + scent with the motions
- For “The Lions Sleeps Tonight” the chairs vibration and motion gently rocks along to the beat of ‘Wimoweh’
- 4DX captures little details of the animals of the kingdom – vibrations of a rhino snort, galloping motion of antelopes running
Maybe we can skip the smell of bugs? The other stuff sounds fun though.
Look below for all 4DX locations.
- Regal LA Live — USA (Los Angeles, CA)
- CGV Buena Park — USA (Buena Park, CA)
- Cinepolis Pico Rivera — USA (Pico Rivera, CA)
- Cinepolis Vista Pointe — USA (Vista, CA)
- Edwards Mira Mesa — USA (San Diego, CA)
- Regal, Union Square — USA (New York, NY)
- Regal E-Walk — USA (New York, NY)
- Regal Pointe Orlando — USA (Orlando, FL)
- Regal Avenues 20- Jacksonville — USA (Jacksonville, FL)
- Regal Hollywood Naples — USA (Hollywood, FL)
- Regal Seattle Meridian — USA (Seattle, WA)
- Edwards Houston Marq’e — USA (Houston, TX)
- Regal Warrington Crossing — USA (Warrington, PA)
- Regal UA King Of Prussia — USA (Philadelphia, PA)
- Regal Gallery Place — USA (Washington, DC)
- Marcus Gurnee Mills Cinema — USA (Gurnee, IL)
- Regal Moore Warren — USA (Moore, OK)
- Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen — USA (Charlotte, NC)
- Regal Cinemas Opry Mills — USA (Nashville, TN)
- Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 — USA (Knoxville, TN)
- Regal Cinemas Red Rock — USA (Las Vegas, NV)
- Cineplex Cinema Yonge-Dundas — CANADA (Toronto, ON)
If one of these locations is near you, will you go give it a try?