In September 2018, Disney announced New Orleans as one of the newest Disney Cruise Line vacation options. It’s hard to believe but Disney has never used New Orleans as a departure point before. Opening the door to the French Quarter and Southern charm of the city to Disney Cruise passengers seems like a perfect match to me.
New Orleans casts a voodoo-like spell on tourists, swooping them up in the city’s Southern charm, rich history and unique culture. You may recognize the iconic sights and sounds that inspired the beloved animated film The Princess and the Frog.
Revisit this clip to start your New Orleans research!
Onboard the Disney Wonder, you’ll be treated to a celebration of dining and entertainment at Tiana’s Place restaurant with a menu inspired by the flavors and ingredients of the Louisiana bayou, complemented by live music that sets a French-Quarter supper club atmosphere.
So far, we know that six dream-like cruises will depart from Princess Tiana’s hometown:
- 4-night Western Caribbean cruise to Cozumel, Mexico
- 6-night Western Caribbean cruise to Cozumel, Mexico and George Town, Grand Cayman
- 7-night Western Caribbean cruise to Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Falmouth, Jamaica
- 7-night Bahaman cruise to Nassau, Bahamas; Disney Castaway Cay; and Key West, Florida
- 14-night Westbound Panama Canal Cruise to Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cartagena, Colombia; Panama Canal; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; and San Diego, California
Yours truly will be honeymooning on the first seven-night Western Caribbean cruise to depart from New Orleans! One of my most anticipated experiences is getting a behind-the-scenes look at how rum is made at Appleton Estate. A pirate’s life for me! We set sail on Valentine’s Day, 2020.
Stay tuned for a first-hand review!
All New Orleans-departure port cruises will kick off in February 2020 and bookings can be made now. For more information, ask for a quote from The Disney Blog’s authorized Disney Travel Planning Expert or visit the Disney Cruise Line website located here.
Hope to see you onboard!
If you would like more information on booking a cruise aboard any Disney Cruise Line ship, please send an email to Pixie Vacations authorized Disney travel agent Stacey Frost ([email protected]), call (407) 454-1477 or fill out this form for complimentary travel planning. Your use of this free service to book your travel will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.