Basketball fans will soon be able to get in on the NBA action at the NBA Experience at Disney Springs opening in summer of 2019. Today we’re getting our first look at the interior of the NBA Experience coming to Disney Springs along with some of the activities guests can expect to encounter on their visit to the basketball themed attraction.
This one-of-a-kind destination – developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in collaboration with the NBA – will feature thrilling basketball related hands-on activities, and interactive exhibits that immerse guests into the world of professional basketball.
“Developed with the NBA, and inspired by the league’s 29 arenas around the country, NBA Experience will highlight the heart-pounding action and excitement of the NBA world,” said Stan Dodd, Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “From training simulations and clock-racing competitions to fan-favorite NBA moments – we’re bringing new experiences and thrilling games to life to make fans truly feel like a star player.”
“The Walt Disney Imagineering team has unparalleled expertise in creating best-in-class attractions for the millions of guests who visit their parks each year,” said Salvatore LaRocca, President, Global Partnerships, NBA. “The NBA Experience will be a destination for basketball fans from all over the world, and we are excited to partner with Disney to bring new and lifelong fans closer to the game.”
NBA Experience will feature something for everyone. Visitors will get a glimpse into the atmosphere at the NBA Draft, participate in their own scouting reports, go through pregame preparations, and step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight reel-worthy slam dunks. With a dozen unique and innovative activities, guests will:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
- Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games.
In addition to these games and competitions, NBA Experience will also include a retail store featuring exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
Here’s the current state of the NBA Experience building exterior at Disney Springs.
Disney recently announced a new Pour House bar & grill concept that will occupy part of the space of the NBA Experience building at Disney Springs.
What do you think about the latest sports related addition to Disney Springs.