Guests at Walt Disney World will find that love is in the air this February. With Valentine’s Day coming up, it’s time to think about how you and your beloved can enjoy a little special time for two. Disney has a variety of memorable experiences in all price ranges for your consideration. Some of these romantic journeys are new this year too:
1. A romantic ride on Italian Water Taxi Cruise/VIP Wine Tour – At The Boathouse at Disney Springs, guests can experience the unforgettable romance of an intimate cruise aboard Venezia, the breathtaking 40-ft Italian Water Taxi. Couples will relax and unwind to beautiful Italian music, savor award-winning wines and feast on an array of delicious hors d’oeuvres. Sweetheart Wine Tasting Cruises embark Friday. The 40-ft boat might be out of your budget, but the Amphicar can be romantic too, just top off the ride with some Italian Gelato from across the way when you’re back on shore..
2. The new Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise – Couples can take in a breathtaking view of the Magic Kingdom Park night time fireworks from an exclusive and romantic spot on Seven Seas Lagoon with desserts and drinks. Guests can enjoy this sweet ending to their day, before watching the “Wishes” nighttime spectacular overhead, the largest fireworks show at Walt Disney World Resort. The medley of famous Disney songs and the voices of Disney characters are piped through the boat’s sound system for this magical viewing. For reservations, visit com/DINE or call 407-WDW-DINE. Anchors Aweigh!
3. The new Brunch at the Top at California Grill – Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday and the Brunch at the Top is a fabulous way to indulge. Chef Brian Piasecki’s team launches a whole new menu in February to showcase their fresh, market-driven cuisine. Of course a glass of bubbly or wine (the restaurant has more than 1,600 bottles on display) pairs nicely. And there’s an over-the-top Bloody Mary Bar as well as cocktails and craft brews (though guests can also stick with the custom-roast French press coffee).
4. An out-of-this-world evening – Sweets and stars collide at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as guests look to the sky January 5 – March 19, for a special viewing of the Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks. Guests enjoy a selection of sweets as the night sky erupts with an arsenal of impressive fireworks, set to the most dramatic and memorable Star Wars themes of all time. On the menu are Star Wars-themed desserts treats, including the popular Droid and Darth Vader cupcakes and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
5. Disney Springs shopping spree – Disney Springs continues to expand and transform with all new shopping options. The World of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace recently expanded with an additional 6,000 sq. feet of retail selling space. Couples can spend the day searching for some new Disney merchandise to celebrate their love for each other … and Disney. Nothing says “love” like chocolate so the shopping spree can continue with a stop for some handcrafted sweets at The Ganachery. Or perhaps couples are looking for an all-vegan treat? Erin McKenna Bakery NYC is a unique bakery with savory offerings and an all-vegan and gluten-free menu.
6. Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Minnie Mouse and her friends celebrate the magic of the movies and glamour of Hollywood with an epic feast at the new Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine at Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Dinner guests will walk the red carpet and get ready for their close-up with some of the biggest stars of the silver screen, beloved Disney characters dressed in their designer best. Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine runs from Jan. 4 to March 20, 2016. More details on our previous story.
7. All new acts at La Nouba at Disney Springs – As part of La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil’s ongoing evolution, the show continues to bring new acts: B-Boy, commonly referred to as breakdancing, and Aerial Bamboo, a technique mastered by only a handful of performers worldwide. The acts join the recent additions of uproarious clowns and a breathtaking juggling rolla bolla act. For more information about La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil, read our previous story.
8. Sushi Bar at Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs – Morimoto Asia is a one-of-a-kind dining experience from Chef Masaharu Morimoto. From Feb. 12 – 14, a special Valentine’s Day romantic dinner for two includes a four course, prix-fixe menu starring Chef Morimoto’s signature Peking Duck for two. For an even more exclusive and intimate culinary experience on Feb. 14 only, it’s chef’s choice with a five-course Omakase dinner at the intimate second-level 14-seat sushi bar. The Forbidden Lounge is a great place to hang, late-night, at Disney Springs any night in February. More details on our previous post.
9. Monsieur Paul Proposal-popping and Vow Renewal dinner at Epcot – In the shadow of the Eiffel Tower (replica), indulge in a decadent meal by new chef Nicolas Lemoyne who just joined the restaurant from Monsieur Paul Bocuse’s restaurant in Lyon, France. Peer out of the second story windows that overlook the World Showcase Lagoon, toast with champagne, and dessert is served with an extra sparkle on the plate: the big question, and your token of “l’amour.”
10. Sunset and cocktails at the Polynesian – Disney has some spectacular beaches that are perfect locations to watch the sunset, like the one at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Take a moonlit stroll along the torch-lined waterfront and visit Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, the latest addition to the newly reimagined Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
11. Share an ice cream Sundae — Whether it’s the Ice Cream Palace on Main Street, Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club, or any where ice cream sundae’s are available, there’s nothing quite like the luxury of pausing to share a bit of sweetness with your sweetheart.
12. Dinner and movie — Put a new spin on the old standby with a special meal at the Sci-fi Dine-In Theater and enjoy the retro-vibe. Go to Disney Springs AMC Dine-in Theaters and eat while you watch Hollywood’s latest. Alternatively, if you like the great outdoors, grab your s’more fixings and head to Fort Wilderness for a campfire and a movie.
Do you have plans to be at Walt Disney World in February with your loved one? What would you like to do on Valentine’s Day?