A giant southwestern inspired A-frame in the middle of Florida swampland? Where else but at Walt Disney World. I did not know that “Tempo Bay Resort” was in consideration instead of “The Contemporary Resort” for that now classic, but FoxxFur of the Passport to Dreams… Read More »Tempo Bay, Walt Disney World’s magic vista
The Theme Building at Los Angeles International Airport is that iconic arched structure with the round observation deck and restaurant in the middle. I remember hearing that it was in need of some repairs, but I had now idea how extensive it would be. LA… Read More »LAX’s Theme Building Getting Some TLC
- Lead Character Animator Agnus MacLane reveals what went into designing the robots WALL-E and EVE over on Variety. Good stuff.
- O-Meon reveals that Disney.com will be getting a WALL-E makeover beginning this Tuesday. Disney.com has over 25 million visitors a day, that’s some good marketing.
- From Upcoming Pixar we learn that the DVD short for WALL-E is going to be called “BURN-E“. It’s about a robot named, bet you can’t guess… BURN-E. Some of the musicians hired for the recording let loose the secret.
- Wired cornered Director Andrew Stanton and got him to reveal what sci-fi films inspired WALL-E.
- If you haven’t seen the featurette “Pixar Goes Space Age” with Andrew Stanton and Roger Deakins, FirstShowing.net has it for you.
- IESB.net has 6 preview clips from the film. Spoiler warning, obviously.
Below the cut is the latest trailer “Cities”, the best yet.
When Pixar wanted to find a futuristic look for “Eve” the love interest for WALL-E, they turned to the one company in the bay area known for being on the bleeding edge of design. “I wanted Eve to be high-end technology – no expense spared… Read More »Is WALL-E’s love interest related to the iPod?
Architect Clive Wilkinson created this architectural wonderland for The Disney Store headquarters back in 2007. That’s when it was operated by The Children’s Place. I haven’t heard if The Disney Store will move back to its Glendale headquarters now that it is under Disney’s control… Read More »Architectural Wonderland for The Disney Store Headquarters
Disney Imagineer Kim Irvine was just on KCRW’s design and architecture show. She talked about changes coming to “it’s a small world” and the fan uproar surrounding said changes. You’ll probably be able to find an archive or transcript of the show at the KCRW… Read More »Imagineer Kim Irvine talks about “it’s a small world” changes
Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily have put their creative minds together and come up with a new line of Tiki Room collectibles that will inspire the Disney or Tiki fan in all of us. Inspire us to reach for our wallet’s that is. Prices range… Read More »Delightful New Tiki Room Collectibles
Kevin Blair has penned an open letter to Disney Executives, Disneyland, Walt Disney Imagineering, and John Lasseter asking them to discard any plan to change "It’s A Small World", the attraction featuring art design by his mother, such as adding Disney characters (such as Mickey… Read More »Blair family says “Save It’s A Small World attraction”