Nominations were unveiled Friday, November 10, 2023, for the 66th Grammy Awards, and The Walt Disney Company and its projects received 7 nominations.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony set for February 4, 2024 at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles. It will air live on CBS and stream on Paramount+.
One of the nominees, “Star Wars Jedi: Survivor,” will be the subject of a special panel discussion at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles on December 6, 2023. It will feature composers Gordy Haab and Stephen Barton, plus Engineer/Score Mixer/Producer Alan Meyerson, discussing making the music for the game.
Here are the Grammy Awards nominees and their categories:
Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music From And Inspired By (Various Artists)
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3: Awesome Mix, Vol. 3 (Various Artists)
Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media (Includes Film And Television)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Ludwig Göransson, composer
- Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny – John Williams, composer
Best Score Soundtrack for Video Games and Other Interactive Media
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor – Stephen Barton & Gordy Haab, composers
Best Song Written For Visual Media
- Lift Me Up [From “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music From And Inspired By”]
Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Robyn Fenty & Temilade Openiyi, songwriters (Rihanna)
Best Instrumental Composition
- Helena’s Theme (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) –
John Williams, composer (John Williams)