July is sure to satisfy any Disney Springs foodie, with the annual “Flavors of Florida” promotion and culinary demonstrations, “Indiana Jones”-themed food and drinks, and both new and limited menu items to enjoy.
Are you hungry? Here are the rest of the yummy news bites:
B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co
The Acid Spitter Orb Sipper that was available at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge for Star Wars Day is now available at this quick service location at Disney Springs, for a limited time.
The Mixology Sunset Dinner Series returns on July 20 and 27, featuring an elevated three-course menu and craft cocktail pairings that celebrate the tropical tastes of summer where pineapple, passionfruit, and floral notes meet aromatic citrus, vanilla, and herbs.
There are two seatings to choose from each date — a dinner in The Edison’s elegant Gothic dining room at 5:30pm, and a cigar-pairing dinner at 8pm on The Edison’s Lake Side Patio.
Cost is $75 per person (+ tax/gratuity). Menus and tickets at the link above.
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew
Now offering all day, every day, new Everglazed meal combos feature your choice of Funky Chicken Sandwich or B&G Burger on choice of sweet bun or griddled donut, plus classic waffle fries, and a fountain drink for just $19.
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a must-stop for a Disney Springs foodie, and there are several limited items to enjoy in July:
- Toasted Coconut Caramel Chocolate Chip: Their iconic Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie is fused with their Homemade Salted Caramel and Coconut Cream, then topped with Shaved Toasted Coconut. Available daily, limit 2 per person.
- Coconut Cream Cake: A three-layer Vanilla Cake is covered in generous portions of flavorful Coconut Cream Buttercream, homemade Salted Caramel ribbons between the layers, and Toasted Coconut on the outside. Slices available every Wednesday and Saturday in July, while supplies last. Limit two per person.
- “Flavors of Florida” Key Lime Chocolate Chip Cookie: Vanilla bean cookie dough infused with Florida Key lime juice and blanketed with premium chocolate chips and special Key lime pie crumbs
- “Flavors of Florida” Orange Mocha Nitro Cold Brew: Dessert coffee made with locally roasted beans, maple syrup, rich dark chocolate, and delicious Florida oranges
House of Blues
It’s Mahi-Mahi Season at the House of Blues Restaurant & Bar, with locally sourced Mahi-Mahi available in a sandwich, a wrap, and in tacos, for a limited time. Reservations are recommended.
Offering Flamenco Fridays this month, featuring live performances from talented flamenco dancers during dinner service. Beginning at 7:30pm on every Friday of July, guests can enjoy delicious Spanish tapas, shareable pans of paella, or “Flavors of Florida” dishes while watching this mesmerizing art form. Reservations recommended.
Salt & Straw
The limited ice cream flavors for July 2023 at Salt & Straw are part of the “Berries Berries Berries” series.
- Birthday Cakes & Blackberries: Sweet hunks of rainbow-sprinkled crumble and double-vanilla ice cream, all wrapped up with a ribbon of Oregon Hill evergreen blackberry jam.
- Wild-Foraged Berry Slab Pie: Wild berries foraged from the slopes of Mt. Baker in Washington, simmered into an ooey-gooey filling, then slathered across crispy bits of double-baked pie crust in salted vanilla ice cream.
- Goat Cheese Marionberry Habanero: This always eagerly-awaited summer flavor weaves tangy goat cheese ice cream with a fruity, fiery jam starring Oregon-invented marionberries with a touch of habanero peppers.
- GoNanas Strawberry Caramel Banana Bread: Enjoy salted caramel banana bread crumbles that taste like toffee pudding, swirled in a caramel ice cream with scrumptious strawberry jam rippled in.
- GoNanas Banana Blueberry Crumble (v): This vegan flavor features Banana blueberry cake crumble in sweet coconut ice cream with a touch of bright Meyer lemon and a ribbon of blueberry jam.
Running a summer bowling promotion: Throw a strike when the Pink Pin is in the pin set, and you’ll get a coupon for a free classic donut at Everglazed Donuts next door.
The bakery is offering several limited cupcake flavors throughout July 2023 for a Disney Springs foodie. Here are some of the flavors:
- Through July 9: Lemon Bar – A pie crust lined vanilla cake features a lemon curd core and is topped with vanilla buttercream, a pie crust rim, and more lemon curd.
- Through July 16: Hampton Water Rose – A rosé cake made with Hampton Water Rose, filled with a strawberry jam core, and topped with strawberry frosting
- Through July 30: S’more – A graham cracker lined Belgian dark chocolate cake filled with bittersweet chocolate ganache and topped with toasted marshmallow frosting.
This summer, guests can enjoy a new $3 | $6 | $9 Happy Hour promotion, with food and drink at those price points.
The Summer Happy Hour menu runs Monday through Friday from 3pm-6:30pm, late night Sunday through Thursday from 10pm to close, and weekends Saturday and Sunday from 3pm-5:30pm. It’s available in the lounge or patio area only.
I love using happy hours to grab a quick and cheap early dinner or late night bite, and this is a great one.
T-Rex has a limited time “Radiant Relics” menu available with dishes like:
- CARIBBEAN T-BONE: Mojo marinated 17 oz. CAB T-Bone steak, cilantro-lime rice, black beans, sweet plantains, chimichurri steak butter. Created by Chef Gene Upshaw
- BBQ COMBO PLATTER: BBQ Chicken leg quarter, St. Louis style spareribs, grilled jalapeño sausage, peach BBQ baked beans, coleslaw, jalapeño cheddar cornbread
- BLACKENED TUNA: Seared rare, cilantro-lime rice, mango, avocado and heirloom cherry tomato salad. Created by Chef Karen Ortiz-Aguirre
- CREOLE CHICKEN & SHRIMP RAVIOLI: Chicken ravioli topped with shrimp in a Creole sauce.