This year marks the 10th year that The Walt Disney Company and Feeding America® have worked together to help feed families in need, and Disney is celebrating by providing another huge donation.
As part of its commitment to help create healthier generations, The Walt Disney Company has made a contribution to Feeding America to support efforts to source more produce, and increase the number of nutritious meals provided to children and families who need it most.
With this donation, Disney will fund the following 30 Feeding America member food banks throughout the U.S.:
- Alameda County Community Food Bank – Oakland, CA
- Capital Area Food Bank – Washington, DC
- Central California Food Bank – Fresno, CA
- Central Texas Food Bank – Austin, TX
- City Harvest – New York, NY
- Community Foodbank of New Jersey – Hillside, NJ
- Connecticut Foodshare – Wallingford, CT
- Feeding America Riverside | San Bernardino Counties – Riverside, CA
- Feeding South Florida – Pembroke Park, FL
- Food Bank For New York City – New York, NY
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina – Raleigh, NC
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano – Concord, CA
- Food Lifeline – Seattle, WA
- Food Share of Ventura County – Oxnard, CA
- Greater Chicago Food Depository – Chicago, IL
- Houston Food Bank – Houston, TX
- Long Island Cares, Inc. – Hauppauge, NY
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank – Los Angeles, CA
- Lowcountry Food Bank – Charleston, SC
- Montgomery County Food Bank – Conroe, TX
- Northern Illinois Food Bank – Geneva, IL
- Philabundance – Philadelphia, PA
- Redwood Empire Food Bank – Santa Rosa, CA
- San Francisco and Marin Food Banks – San Francisco, CA
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida – Orlando, FL
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina – Charlotte, NC
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County – Irvine, CA
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley – San Jose, CA
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast North Carolina – Fayetteville, NC
- Treasure Coast Food Bank – Fort Pierce, FL
This generous grant was announced on “Good Morning America,” and featured an appearance by Michael Chernow, a member of City Harvest’s Food Council, sharing delicious, nutritious and simple recipes using fresh produce easily obtained at local community food banks and pantries.
Ten Years Together
Since 2012, Disney has supported Feeding America’s efforts to end hunger in the U.S., providing significant funding for the organization’s produce programs and volunteer efforts at member food banks.
This year’s funding will help food banks provide more fresh produce to kids and families facing hunger by removing barriers to sourcing and distributing produce, building capacity by increasing refrigeration and equipment at food banks, and helping to store and distribute fresh produce within communities to people who need it most.
In addition to the produce grant, Disney has collaborated with Feeding America on a variety of other initiatives over the years.
Disney has participated in food rescue programs via their theme parks. In fact each year, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort provide hundreds of thousands of meals in food donations to their local Second Harvest Food Banks.
Disney VoluntEARS help collect, sort, and distribute food which provides opportunities for employees and cast members to engage their local member food banks and make a tangible impact on food insecurity issues in their communities.
And across the U.S., ABC Owned Television Stations have supported local Feeding America member food banks in each of their eight markets by activating in local communities to donate nutritious food.
To learn about Feeding America and the network of food banks, visit FeedingAmerica.org/Disney.
Every $1 donated helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of local member food banks