20th Century Studios releases “The Bob’s Burgers Movie” in theaters tomorrow, May 27, and to celebrate, Disney is partnering with Impossible™ Foods for a a limited-time “Bob’s Burger” Pop-up at Disney Springs.
The pop-up will take place during this opening weekend from Friday, May 27 to Sunday, May 29, outside the Disney Springs AMC Theater at Walt Disney World.
During the event, there will be a limited-edition Bob’s Burger Pop-up: “Get This Plant Patty Started” burger served featuring the Impossible™ Burger.
“The Bob’s Burgers Movie” is an animated, big-screen, musical comedy-mystery-adventure based on the long-running Emmy® Award-winning series, “Bob’s Burgers.”
The story begins when a ruptured water main creates an enormous sinkhole right in front of Bob’s Burgers, blocking the entrance indefinitely and ruining the Belchers’ plans for a successful summer.
While Bob and Linda struggle to keep the business afloat, the kids try to solve a mystery that could save their family’s restaurant. As the dangers mount, these underdogs help each other find hope and fight to get back behind the counter, where they belong.
“The Bob’s Burgers Movie” voice talent includes Kristen Schaal, H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, Larry Murphy, Zach Galifianakis, and Kevin Kline.
The film was directed by Loren Bouchard & Bernard Derriman. The screenplay is by Loren Bouchard & Nora Smith. The producers are Bouchard, Smith, and Janelle Momary.
If you can’t make it to the pop-up this weekend, Disney has provided the recipe to make your own “Get This Plant Patty Started” 100% plant-based burger:
For the Sauce:
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Pepperoncini
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Pickle Relish
For the Patties:
- 12 oz Package Impossible™ Burger
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Slices Dairy-Free American Cheese
For the Assembly:
- 3 Vegan Buns (e.g. Potato Rolls)
- 3 Leaves Butter Lettuce
- 6 Slices Tomato
- 6 Onion Slices
- Dill Pickle Chips
Make the sauce:
- First mince the pepperoncini and combine with mayo, ketchup, sriracha, and dill pickle relish.
Cook the patties:
- Divide Impossible™ Burger into 3 equal-sized patties. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add a slice of cheese on top and cover until the cheese has melted.
Build the burger:
- Lightly toast the burger buns, and then add a layer of the sauce. Top with the patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, and dill pickle chips.
And while you eat your creation, you can watch this trailer for the movie: