This week, Walt Disney World announced its plans for the upcoming 2021 Holiday, and they have now released first details for EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth features cherished cultural traditions, savory seasonal flavors and costumed storytellers from the 11 nations around World Showcase, and it’s one of my favorite parts of WDW’s Holidays.
During the festival, holiday traditions of the world come to life with a variety of entertainment around World Showcase, such as:
- Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion
- Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion
- Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion
- A Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade
- Holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom
- Outside The American Adventure, you can wave hello to Santa Claus as he gets ready for the big day
A big part of the Festival is the Holiday Kitchens, featuring recipes from around the globe like savory slow-roasted turkey and holiday pot pie, and sweets like pumpkin gingerbread cheesecake and peppermint sundaes.
Here is the full list of kitchens and where to find them:
- American Holiday Table – American Adventure Pavilion
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen – Germany Pavilion
- The Donut Box – Near Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- Holiday Hearth Desserts – Near Port of Entry
- Holiday Sweets & Treats – Near Port of Entry
- L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen – Between Morocco and France Pavilions
- Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen – Mexico Pavilion
- Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen – France Pavilion
- Mele Kalikimaka – Near Port Of Entry
- Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen – Japan Pavilion
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina – Morocco Pavilion
- Tuscany Holiday Kitchen – Italy Pavilion
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen – Canada Pavilion
No menus yet, but I’m sure we’ll have that info soon.
A new offering, Chestnuts & Good Cheer Holiday Kitchen, will dish out fire-roasted chestnuts and cinnamon-glazed almonds and cashews, perfect to snack on as you stroll the World Showcase. It will also be located near Port of Entry.
Speaking of sweets, the Holiday Cookie Stroll is back. Purchase any five cookies, including the SNICKERS®-Doodle Cookie made with SNICKERS Bars or the Chocolate Crinkle Cookie made with DOVE® Dark Chocolate (pictured above), from any of the official Cookie Stroll locations featured in the Festival Passport and collect a matching stamp. Once you’ve collected all five stamps, bring your passport to Holiday Sweets & Treats to receive a free specialty cookie.
Another fun activity is Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt. Search for holiday traditions Olaf has gathered from around the world, and lost along the way. Purchase the map and stickers from select festival merchandise locations.
All of the food, drink, and live entertainment, along with the Candlelight Processional, are why EPCOT is a must-do when visiting Walt Disney World for the Holidays this year!