Destination D23 2021, the latest celebration from D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, will be held at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World November 19-21, and tickets go on sale this week!
Join D23 and fellow Disney fans at the biggest Disney fan event of the year, which just happens to coincide with Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary.
Be the first to hear exciting announcements, enjoy special entertainment and exhibits, and see sneak peeks from the many worlds of Disney.
Some of the scheduled panels and highlights include:
- A kickoff welcome presentation with Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company.
- What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products where Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share what’s new and what’s next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
- How the (Disney) World Began with hosts Kevin Kern and Steven Vagnini, authors and historians behind A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth and Disney Legend Dick Nunis. This will offer a look at how Walt Disney’s dreams were translated into Walt Disney World.
- Musical Memories of Walt Disney World will take you on a journey through 50 years of the Walt Disney World songbook with Walt Disney Imagineering, revealing the stories behind beloved fan-favorite melodies and a peek into the process of creating new ones.
- A special look at what’s new and next from Disney+.
- The Art and Imagery of Walt Disney World will allow guests to dive into the Walt Disney Imagineering Art and Photo collections for a look at over 50 years of the most gorgeous, stunning, and surprising artwork that inspired the most magical place on earth over the years.
- The Magical Musical World of Encanto will spotlight the upcoming film. Join members of the team behind Encanto, and some special guests for a melodic Saturday evening celebration of the upcoming musical, the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Weird Disney World, the fan-favorite panel, returns as Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline digs into Disney history to bring you a half century of the wildest and wackiest Walt Disney World moments.
- Park Stars: Original Characters of Walt Disney World, hosted by Imagineers Diana Brost and Jason Grandt, will take you on a journey around the “world” to meet many of the fun personalities that appear in Walt Disney World attractions and shows, including Figment, Big Al, the Orange Bird, and Teddi Barra.
- The Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic is an all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives that will take guests through a half-century journey of merchandise memories of the Walt Disney World Resort. From figurines and fanny packs to pins and plush, relive each exciting decade through the souvenirs that let guests take a bit of Disney home.
- Mickey’s of Glendale, the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store, will host a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise.
Destination D23 audiences will also get to enjoy live performances from Michael James Scott (Genie in Disney on Broadway’s hit Aladdin), who is amazing live, and Disney’s acapella sensation DCappella, plus attend a final night Disney+ Party.
AND on Friday, November 19, event guests will also be invited to a special screening at Disney Springs. They aren’t mentioning what movie it will be, but Encanto does open the following week on November 24, so it’s highly likely that’s what it will be.
This is a D23 gold member event, so you need that membership to purchase tickets to this event.
Tickets will go on sale Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 1 p.m. EST / 10 a.m. PST using a virtual waiting room at D23.com.
Cost is $249 for general seating and $399 for Preferred seating (plus a $7 processing fee per ticket).
An extremely limited number of specially priced rooms and theme park tickets will be available to D23 Members who purchase Destination D23 tickets. Further details will be included in the ticket purchase confirmation email.
D23 says that select segments of Destination D23 will be live-streamed on D23.com and D23 social media channels. Once I find out a streaming schedule, I will let you know.
[Images courtesy D23 and Disney Parks]