If you’re in Orlando and still planning to visit Walt Disney World, know that Coronavirus concerns mean the parks will close at end of business on Sunday, but that the hotels and Disney Springs will remain open.
The AMC Theatres at Disney Springs will remain open, but has announced that it will adjust how it operates by adopting ‘social distancing’ guidelines that include reducing the capacity of theaters and enhanced cleaning procedures.
The chain is also asking sick staff and guests to stay home and seek appropriate medical care.
Here are more details from AMC Theatres announcement:
Limited Seating Capacity Policy
• To give you more empty space around you within our theatres, we are capping ticket availability to 50% of the normal seating capacity for every showtime in every auditorium at all AMC theatres nationwide. Once we hit 50% of an auditorium’s capacity, movie screenings will show as being Sold Out, even though by definition there will be a large number of unfilled seats. This will begin Saturday, March 14, and for now, will continue until April 30.
• For those AMC auditoriums with more than 500 seats, we will further reduce bookings to a maximum of 250 people in any case.
• And, it goes without saying that AMC is actively complying with all current and future federal, state and local authorities’ directives on social gathering.
New Cleaning Standards
• AMC theatre teams are following AMC’s stringent health and safety cleaning protocols, which include that every auditorium is thoroughly cleaned between each and every showtime.
• In addition, AMC has instituted enhanced cleaning protocols, which ensure that at least once per hour within an AMC building, the theatre team is cleaning high-touch point areas, including: kiosks, counter tops, restroom areas, glass, handrails and doorknobs.
Many local and state governments around the world are banning large gatherings, which has resulted in sports leagues, theme parks, and Broadway theaters to close down. Many smaller venues continue to operate with changes like AMC Theatres has made.
Are you planning to head out to Disney Springs even as more confirmed cases of Coronavirus are identified every day in the US?