Although Summer weather persisted through the beginning of November, Disney Springs was nearing the end of its fall promotion when we visited last week. We took a quick walk around to check in on some of the big projects that continue to transform the popular shopping, dining, and entertainment district and share that with you today.
In addition to checking in on various construction projects, we stopped by World of Disney and Disney Style to highlight a few new items of Christmas themed apparel.
Watch our walk-through Disney Springs vlog here:
Here are highlights of what we saw and a gallery down below if you can’t see the video above:
- The Ron Jon Surf Shop in the Town Center district, right next to the Lime Garage entrance, looks ready to open from the outside. Hard to tell what’s going on inside due to blackout tarps on the windows.
- Over on the Westside, remodeling work on Beatrix has gone into high gear. Much of the interior has been stripped and the details that gave Bongo’s Cuban Cafe it’s Caribbean flair are being removed from the exterior.
- Across the walkway, we’re seeing work on changing the exterior for Ample Hills Ice Cream store that will move into the former Something Silver location.
- Cityworks Brew Pub and Grill is enclosed, but looks like there’s a long way to go on the interior. Definitely not meeting the Winter 2019 opening date.
- A lot of exterior work is going on at Cirque Du Soleil to upgrade the stairways and add a couple extra staircases. It also looks like the lobby and interior of the theater are undergoing some upgrades too.
We also checked out a few of the upgrades at the AMC 24 Dine-In Theatres at Disney Springs and a new Orange Bird mural.
As for decorations, most of the fall and Halloween decorations were still up on our visit. Next time we stop by we expect there to be Christmas everywhere. We love the Christmas Tree trail, which is opens today in the Marketplace side of Disney Springs.