Once again Jared and Molly are back to take us on another fun culinary adventure at Walt Disney World. This time they’re visiting EPCOT, which just kicked off the popular International Food & Wine Festival. In 2019, Disney’s talented chefs have introduced two new global marketplaces – The Alps and Appleseed Orchard.
Do you agree with Jared? Is this your favorite event of the year at EPCOT?
Here’s what you’ll find on the menu of each new Marketplace:
The Alps brings Swiss-inspired dishes to the festival
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette (V) (KA)
- Venison Stew with Crushed Potatoes
- Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart with Crème Fraîche Cream and Blue Diamond® Almonds (V) (KA)
- Domaine CARREL et Fils Eugène Jongieux Blanc
- Cave De La Côte Rosé Gamay, Romand
- René Favre Dôle, Chamoson
- Frozen Rosé
Venison Stew with Crushed Potatoes at The Alps Marketplace during the 24th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart with Crème Fraîche Cream and Blue Diamond Almonds
You will find The Alps over by Norway in the World Showcase
Appleseed Orchard includes a few unique tastes and a long list of beverages from wine to beer to cider
- Charcuterie and Cheese Plate featuring Burton’s Maplewood Farm Applejack Brandy Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- Caramel-Apple Popcorn (KA)
- Frozen Apple Pie (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Apple Trappe Belgian-Style Tripel Ale, Doral, FL
- Playalinda Brewing Co. Apple Pie Beer, Titusville, FL
- Sea Dog Brewing Co. Green Apple Ale, Clearwater, FL
- Ciderboys Lemon Cello Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI
- Collective Arts Brewing Cherry Apple Hard Cider, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Woodchuck Hard Cider Spiced Apple, Middlebury, VT
- Forge Cellars Dry Riesling Classique, Seneca Lake
- Conundrum Red Blend, California
- Amavi Cellars Syrah, Walla Walla Valley
- tenshən Rhône Style White Blend, Central Coast
- Lang & Reed Wine Company Cabernet Franc, North Coast
- Frog’s Leap Zinfandel, Napa Valley
- Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines Pinot Noir, Santa Rita Hills
- Apple Blossom Sky: Fanta Apple, Ginger Beer, Floodwall Apple Brandy, Burton’s Maplewood Farm Applejack Brandy Barrel Aged Syrup and Mini Marshmallows
Appleseed Orchard is located inside the movie theater in the Canada pavilion. A new movie is coming in January 2020.
Did anything look particularly interesting to you? Be sure to follow Jared & Molly over on their own YouTube channel where they’ll be uploading more adventures at EPCOT soon.
Update: 9/9/2019 – Jared and Molly have released their own longer video looking at more new stuff at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival in 2019.
The 2019 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival runs through November 23, 2019. The Food and Wine marketplaces open at 11am and typically close when the park closes. We hope you’ll find time to visit at least once before then and enjoy this delicious festival.
Photos courtesy Disney. Matt Stroshane, photographer