The first event of the year at EPCOT is one of my favorites. The EPCOT International Festival of the Arts invites you to celebrate three artistic disciplines — the culinary, visual, and performing arts.
- Food studios represent the culinary arts. Like the other festivals at EPCOT, you’ll find these standalone booths located around the World Showcase. Most of the food has an artistic theme and presentation.
- Under the performing arts category, you’ll find plenty of musicians and other artists showing off their favorite art form. One of the highlights of the festival is the Disney on Broadway concert series. For the second year in a row, there will be a concert featuring Broadway stars singing Disney songs every night of the festival.
- For the visual arts, you can enjoy seminars where you learn from the masters, or participate in making a little art yourself.
By the time Festival of the Arts begins, we expect a lot of Epcot’s Future World area to be under construction as it transforms from one land into three neighborhoods. So get ready to navigate construction walls and maybe allow a few extra minutes to get where you need to be if you have a seminar or concert you want to see.
You’ll also have the chance to announced three new film experiences coming to EPCOT in January 2020:
- “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” joins the France pavilion alternating shows with Impressions de France. This new sing-along adventure is directed by Don Hahn, producer of both the animated and live-action versions of this tale as old as time.
- “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” will debut in January 2020 in the Canada pavilion with new scenes and a new story.
- The Land pavilion will welcome a new film, “Awesome Planet,” in January 2020 showcasing the beauty, diversity and dynamic story of the planet.
We’re also looking forward to enjoying multiple performances of “EPCOT Forever” the interim night show that debuts October 1, 2019.
The 2020 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts is the same length as last year, but starts and ends one day earlier – Jan 17 through Feb 24. Although we always want more of this festival, that’s plenty of time to enjoy all that the festival has to offer.