Time to start planning your costumes for the Oogie Boogie Bash, the new Halloween Party coming to Disney California Adventure at Halloween Time. The event promises spirited fun for the entire family including a new exclusive “World of Color” spectacular called “Villainous!,” an interactive “Descendants”-inspired dance party, a stage show with Mickey Mouse, and a mysterious Disney villains walk-through experience.
The event will be run select nights from Sept 17 through Oct 31, 2019 and will require a separate admission to experience. Tickets go on sale next week.
Highlights of the new separate-ticket event include:
- The new “World of Color” show, “Villainous!,” exclusive to Oogie Boogie Bash. In this nighttime spectacular, Oogie Boogie weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl (and all-new character) named Shelley Marie. In “Villainous!,” Shelley has a decision to make about her Halloween costume for this year, and finds herself wondering if she could really be as strong and unique as some of her favorite Disney characters. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows guests that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
- A transformed Redwood Creek Challenge Trail becomes a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before. Redwood Creek will be completely transformed with lighting, projections, sounds and special effects, creating a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadow, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- New and wonderfully wicked, fully immersive treat trails throughout Disney California Adventure, where guests may enjoy trick-or-treating under the watchful eyes of iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests at Oogie Boogie Bash.
- The new DescenDance, a pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land, inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. Here, guests will find so many ways to be wicked. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films. Once the DescenDance crew returns to their realm, the Backlot DJ continues to spin tunes that will make any “villain kid” proud, inviting everyone to step onto the dance floor into the night.
- The guest-favorite “Frightfully Fun Parade,” which will come to Disney California Adventure park for the first time. The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow arrives on his ghostly black steed just ahead of the parade itself, carrying his flickering jack-o-lantern. He heralds the arrival of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters, including Jack Skellington and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
- The new Mickey’s Trick and Treat show, perfect for young guests, at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land. This new, interactive stage production invites guests of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party that include dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy.
- Character encounters with beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. Guests may be surprised at who they discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings.
- New Halloween magic, which appears on the façade of Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street. Carthay Circle will be enchanted throughout the night as bats swarm, green energy pulses from within and spellbinding moments transform the iconic tower structure.
Mark your calendars with these important dates:
- April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders
- April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
While the Oogie Boogie Bash doesn’t start until 6pm at night, guests can enter the park up to 3 hours early to begin their fun (with the exception of Sunday nights and Oct 29 and 31 where you can enter four hours early). Parking is not included in the ticket price, and parking fees will apply.
Are you planning on spending a night or two at the Oogie Boogie Bash at Halloween time?