What’s better than one day at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay? How about two days? This summer the Disney Dream is bringing back a double dose of fun with its special 4- and 5- night cruises that visit Castaway Cay not once, but twice!
Located on a private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay was built with families in mind. Like on the ships, there are private spaces and adventures designed for kids, adults, and families. The island features an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet lunch, beach chairs, umbrellas, hammocks, and plenty of water based activities. If you’re up for more of an adventure there’s a 5K run in the morning or you can rent a bicycle and ride around the island’s trails and climb and observation tower.
Tips for Castaway Cay
A few tips to maximize your enjoyment of Castaway Cay
- Do take the tram departing from near the ship to the main area of the island. There will be plenty of opportunity for walking.
- Bring your stateroom key with you. You’ll need that to get back on the ship.
- Buy your Castaway Cay souvenirs on the island. You won’t find the same things back on the ship.
- It’s a great opportunity for character photos with some unique backgrounds. Your personal navigator will tell you the character meet-up times and locations on the Island.
- Stay hydrated. The island has coolers where you can get a complimentary cup of cold water located in key spots. You can aso get non-alcoholic drinks free of charge at the bars and restaurants on the island.
- Relax. Unlike on the ship where it seems there are always things to do. Castaway Cay offers you a chance to unwind island-style. Take advantage of that.
We enjoy dropping our kid off at their own club while we head over to the adults only beach at Serenity Bay. It’s the perfect place to kick back and relax with a view that can’t be beat.
The four and five night cruises depart in June and July and start at $3,949 for a party of two. In addition to two stops at Castaway Cay, you can visit Nassau, Bahamas where you can explore the town, visit the world-famous Atlantis, or swim with dolphins. The five night cruise includes a bonus day at sea, giving you more time to explore the ship and soak up the fun or just relax on deck near your favorite pool.
Even if these special cruises are not well timed for you, the Disney Dream has 3-night cruises departing later this year starting at $1583 for a party of two, including Halloween time cruises plus plenty of other wonderful adventures throughout 2020 on every Disney Cruise Line ship.
If you would like more information on booking a cruise aboard any Disney Cruise Line ship, please send an email to Pixie Vacations authorized Disney travel agent Stacey Frost ([email protected]), call (407) 454-1477 or fill out this form for complimentary travel planning. Your use of this free service to book your travel will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.