It may never snow in central Florida, but the holiday season brings an extra dusting of pixie dust to your favorite theme parks and resorts at Walt Disney World. The Disney Blog was recently invited to participate in a special backstage tour that highlighted Walt Disney World’s year-round efforts to make the holidays extra magical for guests.
With our hosts from Adventures by Disney, we explored offerings from two different limited-time holiday magic tours – Disney’s Holiday D-Lights and Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy. These tours are perfect for teens and adults and only available on select dates in November and December.
Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy
A 3.5 hour backstage tour that gives guests the scoop on the staggering logistics behind the transformation of Walt Disney World Resorts each and every holiday season. Highlights of the tour include:
- Discover how Disney’s Holiday Services Cast Members use themes to design the unique decorations that dress up the Resort
- Explore the Floral Department with a behind-the-scenes look at how they create special displays for the holiday season
- Whip up an edible holiday treat with a Disney Springs culinary artist
On the tour you’ll get a special treat and a holiday keepsake.
Disney’s Holiday D-Lights Tour
You’ll be led by a ‘holiday host’ on a magical tour backstage through two Disney theme parks to learn, firsthand, how Disney brings to live some of the most cherished holiday customs.
- The tour starts with an early, family-style barbecue dinner (included) at Whispering Canyon Cafe, located within Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- Interact with some of the talented cast members who put together these remarkable events. Get your questions answered by some experts in their fields.
- Meet the gifted Event & Decorating Support team responsible for adorning Cinderella Castle in hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights. Then, see the stunning display for yourself during our breathtaking lighting ceremony.
- Put yourself in the action with exclusive photo opportunities.
- Continue on to Epcot to witness the stirring Candlelight Processional, a retelling of the Christmas story brought to life by a 50-piece live orchestra, choir and celebrity narrator.
- Finally, you will experience Illuminations: Reflections of Earth with a special holiday finale.
Every guest leaves the tour with a special limited-edition keepsake pin that’s a tour exclusive.
The cost for Yuletide Fantasy is $139 and Holiday D-Lights is $279. There are discounts available for Annual Passholders and DVC members.
Please keep in mind that elements of the tours are subject to change based on availability of safety of guests.