Walt Disney Records Partners with Verve Records to Release We Love Disney Compilation October 30th
“We Love Disney,” a new compilation featuring the hottest artists from across the pop, rock, R&B, and country worlds delivering their own unique interpretations of classic Disney songs, will be in stores on October 30, 2015.
Produced by multi-platinum, 16-time Grammy Award-winning producer and Verve Music Group Chairman David Foster, the album is a partnership between Verve and Walt Disney Records.
“We Love Disney” features the following artists and tracks:
· NE-YO – “Friend Like Me” from Aladdin
· Jessie J – “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid
· Jason Derulo – “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” from The Lion King
· Gwen Stefani – ” The Rainbow Connection” from The Muppet Movie
· Ariana Grande – “Zero to Hero” from Hercules
· Jhene Aiko – “In a World of My Own/Very Good Advice” from Alice in Wonderland
· Fall Out Boy – “I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)” from The Jungle Book
· Tori Kelly – “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas
· Kacey Musgraves – “A Spoonful of Sugar” from Mary Poppins
· Charles Perry – “Ev’rybody Wants To Be a Cat” from The Aristocats
· Jessie Ware – “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella
· Rascal Flatts feat. Lucy Hale – “Let It Go” from Frozen
The album also features a rendition of “It’s a Small World” performed by all of the artists.
The bonus tracks on Deluxe CD, Vinyl, and Picture Disc will feature two additional tracks:
· Brenna Whitaker – “It’s Not Easy Being Green” from The Muppet Show
· Yuna – “A Whole New World” from Aladdin
NE-YO’s track has been released as the album’s first single, and you can hear a snippet in this Instagram video:
“In choosing the artists to appear on ‘We Love Disney,’ we tried to cover the whole spectrum,” Foster says about the line-up. “I wanted great singers. That’s always been my mandate. We set the bar high and everyone who came in absolutely killed it. The vocals on this album are spectacular.”
Verve has also released a few interview snippets of the album’s artists talking about their songs:
“We Love Disney” will be released in several configurations, including as a digital album, a standard CD, a Deluxe CD, on Deluxe Vinyl, and as a picture-disc set. It will also be available as a Collector’s Edition Box Set, which includes the digital deluxe album, limited-edition double vinyl, standard-edition double vinyl, limited-edition CD, standard-edition CD, limited-edition double-picture disc, four numbered lithographs, a DVD of “The Magic Behind We Love Disney,” a limited-edition T-shirt featuring a one-time only design, an exclusive tote bag, and a Certificate of Authenticity.
“We Love Disney” is available for pre-order in all formats at iTunes and Amazon.
[Images courtesy Verve/Walt Disney Records]
Just to tell it not totally new. France has got the idea first in 2014 with an album called “We Love Disney” featuring some of the greatest french artists singing new versions of Disney’s classics songs. There is also a sequel of it “We Love Disney 2” and both of them had a huge success.