- What a crazy weekend at Disneyland. Guests were being parked at all corners of the resort district leading some to just give up and head home. The crowds aren’t going to get any lighter as the resort’s popular Halloween promotion enters it’s busiest weeks. On the plus side there were multiple sightings of new president George Kalogridis walking the parks.
- George wasn’t the only one walking around the resort, thousands of CHOC walkers raised $1.5 million for the charity.
- Two of Disney’s Imagineers won’t be around to see what Kalogridis does with Disneyland. Tim Delaney, executive vice president, and Valerie Edwards, WDI’s head sculptor, were both let go.
- The LA Times reports on a talk by Disney CEO Bob Iger about how a modern movie studio must be run.
- The Orlando Sentinel reports that Universal Orlando is experiencing weakening attendance, although it is still quite profitable. The buzz is also rising about a possible sale of the resort or even the whole company.