Debuting a new name for these little news and link roundups. The ‘Hub’ is the center of Walt Disney’s revolutionary Hub and Spoke themepark design. It’s also shorthand for where people in the know congregate, aka, the hub of activity.
- Remember that “musical marriage proposal” video at Disneyland where everyone wondered if it was a viral video attempt by Disneyland. Turns out it was. Doesn’t make it any less fun and charming.
- Here’s a good reason to watch the MLB all-star game. If a grand slam is hit, the first 1 million people to register will get a free ticket to G-Force. Is anybody out there planning to actually pay to see this movie?
- Disney’s broadway musical version of “The Little Mermaid” will close on August 30th. The touring version is expected to launch shortly there after. At least it did better than Tarzan and during a rough economy.
- Check out ThemeParkMom’s coverage of the American Idol Auditions that have just rolled into Orlando. She also has a short post over at Attractions Magazine’s blog on some of the American Idol Experience Dream Ticket winners who were at the audition.
- If you can’t make it to Walt Disney World right now, check out Joe Penniston’s flickr photostream for some beautiful photos that will put you right back in the middle of Disney magic.
My 5 year old son can’t wait to see G-Force so, sadly yes, they will sell at least 2 tickets.
I wouldn’t see G-Force for free. Maybe I would see it if THEY paid ME. Maybe.
I think this is an awesome contest! I’ve never seen anything like it. I planned to watch the All-Star game anyway, so this is just like an added bonus to check out. It would be incredible if a grand slam was actually hit.
Thanks for the props… I appreciate it! :=0)
and “the hub” is also the name for the cast member computer system where they can find information, schedules, etc. (at least for walt disney world).