Come what may, I’ve got some open tabs to close:
- Chad Emerson interviews some folks from Disney marketing about the park’s merchandise. So now you know where those ideas come from.
- Tokyo Disneyland Resort welcomed its 500 millionth visitor last week. Appropriately it was a 38 year old housewife who won. Some of those women practically live in the place.
- CartoonBrew reports on the real impact of the kerfuffle between Disney and the folks who organize the Annie Awards.
- Did you miss the TRON: Legacy marketing efforts at Comic-Con? Don’t worry Jay West has got your back in the most comprehensive coverage of the film’s marketing I’ve seen.
- Disney World will be holding a passholder event to introduce Duffy – The Disney Bear. Technically this is a re-introduction as the Disney Bear got its start at Disney World, but has taken on new life overseas at Tokyo Disney.
- The Napa Valley Register took a visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum.
Last but not least, please do consider supporting my Dispatch from Disneyland book project with by pre-ordering your copy today or signing up on the Disney Blog’s facebook page as part of my goal to reach 100 pledges or 500 fans!
That’s it. Have a great week everyone!