Pixar has released a new featurette in advance of WALL-E’s June 26th release called “The Man and the Machine.” It’s another great look at director Andrew Stanton and his vision for the film. There are a few moments that might be considered spoilers, so be… Read More »New WALL-E featurette from Pixar
Finally, images and video of the real life version of the WALL-E robot from the Pixar/Disney summer animated feature in action. This photo and video was taken on an excursion in Los Angeles. WALL-E is going to be huge as even this version is too cute.
See the video on Vimeo! (or below the cut) Almost 20,000 people have already seen the video. That’s cool.
Btw, this is the version that is supposed to eventually make it’s way to schools, children’s hospitals and theme parks.
Ready for your daily dose of cute? The WALL-E featurette that was released and then taken down last month has been reworked and is now available on Yahoo. In it director Andrew Stanton discusses the robot’s journey.
When Pixar wanted to find a futuristic look for “Eve” the love interest for WALL-E, they turned to the one company in the bay area known for being on the bleeding edge of design. “I wanted Eve to be high-end technology – no expense spared… Read More »Is WALL-E’s love interest related to the iPod?
- The Orlando Sentinel reports that much of the McDonald’s food offered at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is going away. That would certainly be good news if Disney is able to replace it with quality food for the same prices.
- The OC Register has a pretty odd story concerning The Cheesecake Factory at Gardenwalk Anaheim. Did you know that Cheesecake Factory restaurants don’t have kid’s menus. Isn’t that odd in an area where you’d expect to find a lot of families with kids.
- Doug Meacham examines the Walt Disney Company’s efforts when it comes to Online Virtual Games. He also wonders why Disney is closing VMK.
- Speaking of VMK, Blue Sky Disney has a wonderful vision of what a real Virtual Magic Kingdom would be like. It’s very similar to a column I wrote back in February of 2000 (which in turn pre-saged the PalMickey’s now sold in the parks).
- Eric Haseltine used to lead Walt Disney Imagineering’s R&D department, now he works for the NSA. Jason Kottke reports on a recent speech Haseltine gave. Apparently there is some overlap between working for the mouse and snooping on your fellow citizens.
Below the fold see the latest WALL-E clip where he encounters a pair of earphones. Very funny.
Slashfilm has nine great new Images from Pixar’s WALL-E. They appear to be from an unreleased trailer and do contain what could be considered spoilers. For instance, some of the details of the photos reveal what are obviously plot points and there is a good… Read More »New WALL-E Pics
DSC_0860. Originally uploaded by cuehefnerr Update: Sigh. These photos have been removed too. The photos may have been removed from that other blog, but flickr user cuehefnerr has uploaded a few into this Flickr Set. He’s a cute little fellow in real life, isn’t he.… Read More »WALL-E, Real, Live, and in person???