I just got out of seeing Cinderella in IMAX, and boy do I have some thoughts. Time for another “Thoughts During Movies” segment. For those unaware, I tend to have a lot of random tidbits I think about during Disney films, and instead of a regular review, I give you my stream of consciousness to show you how the movie was for me. If that didn’t make any sense…just read below and you’ll get the gist.
- My dad coming home would be enough…an origami butterfly is just a waste of paper.
- Lavender Blue?! I only know the Burl Ives version (especially when sung by Ashley Brown! #OnTheRecord), but this is just charming!
- Hayley Atwell and Lily James look amazingly alike. Are we sure they aren’t related?
- Oscar for the Costume and Hair/Make-Up. Now. I don’t have any right to hand those out, but here ya go. Exquisite.
- This makes me, once again, angry that when a Disney film has a “regal” quality, they only make special merchandise and amazing themed clothing for women. I would like a line of Prince, or hell, Cinderella, inspired clothes and shoes and WHATEVER! I would spend hundreds of dollars…COME ON DISNEY! Rant over.