In not too many months Disney’s Contemporary Resort will be getting quite a bit busier. The new Disney Vacation Club “Bay Lake Towers” will open and families from all around the globe will stream in to check out the new digs. So it’s a good… Read More »Contempo Cafe opens at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Disney Channel graduate High School Musical 3: Senior Year remained top of its class for the 2nd week running. This trend will end next week as Quantum of Solace his the air.
- Bad news for the Disney Webmaster Bowling League. The company that was contracting to build the 100 lane Bowling Alley at Wide World of Sports is unable to make its committments due to the tough economy. That said, the folks at WWOS seemed pretty excited about the potential for this bowling alley to bring lots of new visitors to Walt Disney World, so it will probably get built anyway.
- Via former Orlando Sentinel’s food critic Scott Joseph’s blog we learn that Chef de Cuisine at Victoria & Albert’s Scott Hunnel has been awarded the Culinary Professional of the Year by Sante’, a magazine for food and beverage professionals. Also recognized are Gary Kaikaka of California Grill, who received the Service Professional Award for outstanding achievement in food, wine and spririts service. The winners will be feted at an awards ceremony November 4th at Silverado Resort in Napa, California.
- Read the story how Disney Story Artist Mark Walton became the voice of ‘Rhino’ the hamster from Disney’s upcoming Animated feature Bolt.
- Graeme McMillan over at i09 makes a great case for why everyone should be watching Pushing Daisies.
Finally, below the cut is a video of a ride through Walt Disney World’s Space Mountain with the lights on. I don’t know why they don’t leave the lights on normally, it’s much more frightening to see how close you come to those crossbars sometimes.
Although it was only served in four fine dining restaurants (Victoria & Albert’s, California Grill, Citricos and Les Chefs de France) in the Walt Disney World Resort, Foie Gras has been quietly removed from the menus. This has generated glee in activists who believe the… Read More »Disney World Restaurants No Longer Serve Fois Gras
Does that Dinosaur look hungry? He’s going to be housed inside a restaurant with his own name on the door and plenty of human sacrifices to fill his belly on a daily basis. Oh sorry, that’s the wrong memo. That’s actually a photo from this… Read More »Giant Dinosaur Attacks Walt Disney World
One of the things Major League Baseball and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays is doing to boost attendance at their 2007 home games, is to have three regular season games played at Disney’s Wide World of Sports in Kissimmee. The goal being to show what a fun time it is to watch a nine inning… Read More »Disney Dining Experience at MLB Game!