It’s time once again for the swapping out of water parks at Walt Disney World as Typhoon Lagoon reopens for the season, and Blizzard Beach closes for rehab.
Typhoon Lagoon Reopens
On Sunday, March 17th, Typhoon Lagoon will open for the 2024 spring and summer seasons.
Known for its immersive storytelling, unique water attractions, and a variety of family fun offerings, the water park was themed after the fabled tale of a rogue storm and its ensuing tidal wave that wreaked havoc on what once was a pristine waterside paradise.
Guests will once again be able to enjoy popular attractions that offer everything from exhilarating slides to all-ages play spaces:
- The Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool: The largest outdoor wave pool in North America, the attraction uses state-of-the-art technology to create controlled waves up to six-feet high. Guests have two surfing options – “open surf’’ for small groups that involve 10 waves or “private surf’’ for groups of up to 25 people.
- Miss Adventure Falls: The fast-paced family raft attraction created, as the story goes, when Captain Mary Oceaneer, sea-faring treasure hunter, got her haul caught in a rogue typhoon, which scattered her treasure across this tropical paradise years ago.
- Crush ‘N’ Gusher: A thrilling “water coaster” that features three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek: A scenic lazy river that encircles the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga: Offers a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
As we get closer to the opening date, Disney will let us know if there are any new food and beverage options for guests to enjoy, along with information on this year’s H20 Glow Nights, which have been very popular with guests.
When we get the news, we’ll share it with you, so be sure to follow us on social media.
Blizzard Beach Closes
With Typhoon Lagoon reopening, it’s time for Blizzard Beach water park to close.
Saturday, March 16, 2024, will be the last day to play at the park before it closes for the season. It should reopen sometime around November 2024 for the late fall/winter season.