As dusk falls, SeaWorld Orlando transforms for Howl-O-Scream 2023, a top-rated event by USA Today’s 10Best Reader’s Choices Awards. We were invited by SeaWorld to experience the event which includes three new haunted houses, four all-new scare zones, five sirens, and the return of four fan-favorite attractions.
We really enjoyed the event and felt it provided unique and suitably spooky Halloween thrills with smaller crowds. The event has continued to upgrade every year and this third event has more for guests to enjoy than ever. It’s a perfect fit for Orlando’s growing Haunt scene. Whether a haunt veteran or a newcomer, brace yourself for a chilling blend of reality and horror.
Dive in, if you dare.
The Howl-O-Scream event is more than just haunted houses and scare zones. It’s an immersive theatrical experience! The hauntingly beautiful “Siren’s Song” show is a must-see. Imagine being drawn into the tale of the legendary Sirens as they prey on the fears of even the bravest adventurers. It’s a darkly enchanting performance that captures the essence of SeaWorld’s storytelling prowess.
For those who appreciate a mix of dance, circus arts, and horror, the award-winning “Monster Stomp” is a must-see treat. Featuring none other than Jack the Ripper, this pulse-pounding musical performance is sure to leave an impression.
The lineup on Haunted Houses and Scare Zones at Seaworld Orlando’s Howl-O-Scream promises a thrilling and chilling experience for all its guests!
Haunted Houses at Seaworld Orlando’s Howl-O-Scream:
- D3LER1UM666 Laboratories – Dive beneath the sea’s surface into a research headquarters surrounded by the vast depths of the ocean. Time is of the essence as you try to escape the engulfing darkness.
- Beneath the Ice – The Meltdown – Embark on a rescue mission in the arctic terrain, chasing after Frost and her fiery twin, Flame. Will you freeze or burn in this chilling adventure?
- Dead Vines: Nawlin’s Nightmare – Wander through the Louisiana Bayou, encountering gruesome gators and eerie gravestones. Beware of Hex’s hideaway and her wicked witchcraft.
- Captain’s Revenge: Drowned in Darkness – A reimagined classic that takes you on a journey with a vengeful captain and his haunting tales.
- Blood Beckoning – A fan favorite that promises to draw you in with its eerie allure.
Scare Zones at Seaworld Orlando’s Howl-O-Scream:
- Toxic Turmoil – Navigate through a lethal landfill filled with mutant creatures, humans, and plants hungry for a fright. Beware of the chemical chaos and the unexpected surprises that lurk within.
- Blood Light District – Enter a borough that tempts the faint of heart. The beauty of its inhabitants is a curse, binding victims in both bond and blood.
- Carn-EVIL Pier – As night falls, fun turns to fear with freaks, barkers, and demented clowns welcoming guests to their twisted show. Step up, but be wary of the stakes!
- Portal of Passage – A fan-favorite scare zone that promises to transport you to another realm of terror.
- Frozen in Terror: Alive in the Ice – Experience the chilling sensation of being trapped in ice while surrounded by lurking terrors.
- Witchcraft Bayou – Venture into a bayou dominated by witches and their dark magic.
- Terrors of the Deep – Dive deep into the ocean’s mysteries and face the lurking horrors of the deep.
More Thrills and Chills
But the event is more than just screams and scares, for thrills alongside the chills, you can soar to death-defying heights on favorite attractions such as Manta, Mako, the all-new Pipeline, and Ice Breaker.
The event also features themed food and drinks at “Longshoremen Tavern,” where the longshoremen are dying to entertain those who enter their doors. A few scare zones away is the return of “Siren’s Last Call.”
There’s also a line of 2023 Howl-o-Scream merchandise you can see in this video:
SeaWorld Orlando’s Howl-O-Scream 2023 features 5 haunted houses, 7 scare zones, more coasters and more unexpected frights than ever before—making it a can’t miss experience for haunt fans and thrill seekers alike.
We hear that screaming is good for you and you’re due for a scream therapy session in 2023. Appointments are available on select nights, Sept. 8 – Oct. 31. Separate admission is required for this event.