In addition to Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month dishes and sweets, May 2023 brings Disney Springs foodie news of Mother’s Day treats, special events, and both new and limited-time menu items just to name a few of the yummy news bites we have for you.
Are you hungry? Let’s go…
Earl of Sandwich
The eatery is offering two limited-edition sandwiches on the menu:
- Spicy BBQ Brisket: Smoked beef brisket, BBQ, jalapeño coleslaw & pickled jalapeños ($8.99)
- Turkey Apple Brie: Turkey, cranberry sauce, Earl’s mustard, Brie, & Granny Smith apples ($8.99)
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew
Through May 7, enjoy the special Super Hero Donut, featuring a donut dipped in your choice of yellow or red icing, and then topped with rainbow sprinkles and superhero candies atop 4 buttons of buttercream.
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a must-stop for a Disney Springs foodie, and there are several limited items to enjoy in May:
- White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cookie: They take their White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie and add homemade Salted Caramel for a treat that is sweet and salty, plus soft and crunchy. Available daily. Limit of 2 per person.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cake: Three super soft Vanilla Cake layers are covered in Macadamia Cream Cheese Frosting and topped with a spectacular Salty and Crunchy Macadamia Nut Crumble. Available every Wednesday and Saturday in May, first come, first served.
- Salted Caramel Nitro Cold Brew: This foodie favorite is staying through May. It is 100% housemade, and it is also Vegan and Gluten-Free.
For a limited time, the themed restaurant has several new menu items to try:
- Teryaki Combo: Teriyaki glazed sirloin steak, Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, tropical rice, pineapple salsa (Created by Chef Kraig Hansen)
- Malibu Combo: Jerk seasoned mahi mahi, Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, coconut rum sauce, red onion, pineapple salsa, Caribbean rice (Created by Chef Chris St. Julian)
- Raspberry Glazed Salmon: Orzo pasta, asparagus, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, citrus vinaigrette, spinach, mixed cherry tomatoes, feta cheese (Created by Chef Chris St. Julian)
- Lemon Chicken & Pesto Shrimp: Lightly fried lemon chicken, shrimp, pesto, alfredo sauce, scampi butter, white wine, tomatoes, lemon butter, Jasmine rice, seasonal vegetables (Created by Chef Mike Manzo)
- Lemon Pesto Linguine Pasta: Sautéed chicken, shrimp, white wine, burrata cheese, spinach, mixed cherry tomatoes
- Taste of the Islands: Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, mango habanero glazed shrimp, jerk seasoned tilapia topped with pineapple salsa, Caribbean rice, seasonal vegetables
- Tropical Crepes: Citrus infused mascarpone and ricotta cheese filled crepes, strawberry puree, mixed berries, creamy whipped topping (Created by Chef Aliou Dore)
These are also available at the location at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Salt & Straw
The limited ice cream flavors for May 2023 at Salt & Straw are part of the “Eat Your Flowers” series, featuring flowers as ingredients.
- Hibiscus & Coconut Sherbet (V): A cool pink vegan sherbet built on coconut cream is churned in an ice cream machine with serious cinnamon, ginger and hibiscus.
- Jasmine Milk Tea Almond Stracciatella: S&S steeps fine jasmine tea from Red Blossom Tea Company in cream and sugar, infusing its gently aromatic joys into ice cream laced with slivers of almonds coated in chocolate.
- Lemon Mari Gold Amaro Sherbet: Made with Straightaway Cocktails, a complex Mari Gold amaro is mixed with a light, fluffy ribbon of lemon and marshmallow essence.
- Pistachio w/ Saffron & Rose Water: Pistachios and delectable chunks of saffron butter mochi cake are glazed with a hint of rosewater.
- Rhubarb Crumble w/ Toasted Anise: Rhubarb jam is spiked with a splash of orange juice, then folded into simple vanilla ice cream with a pie-topping crumble capped with toasted anise.
The bakery is offering several limited cupcake flavors throughout May 2023 for a Disney Springs foodie. Here are some of the flavors:
- Through May 14: Vietnamese Coffee – Vietnamese coffee cake made with Nguyen Coffee Supply Loyalty Coffee, filled with a condensed milk butter cream, and finished with coffee frosting.
- May 8-26: Strawberry Shortcake Bar – Vanilla cake filled with strawberry jam, then topped with strawberry buttercream frosting and scratch made strawberry shortcake crumble
- May 22-June 19: Lemon Meringue – A graham cracker lined fragrant lemon cake filled with lemon curd and topped with toasted marshmallow