If you’re a foodie visiting Disney Springs at Walt Disney World, you’ll find so much to enjoy whether you prefer sweet or savory, including many flavors of the month and special food and drink events.
February 2023 brings Disney Springs foodie news of new limited flavors, limited-time menu items, and so much more. There are also Valentine’s Day menus and events.
Are you hungry? Let’s go…
The French Onion Soup Burger has just been added to the menu. This specialty menu item features two pressed signature blend patties with french onion ragù, gruyère, and gruyère french onion dip and a herb parmesan Parker House roll.
The Edison hosts monthly mixology events at Disney Springs and this month, that transforms into a new Sunset Dinner Series. It will include an elevated three-course menu, paired with a carefully selected cocktail, and will take place at sunset on The Edison’s outdoor patio.
Kicking off the new series in February, The Mixology Sunset Dinner Series will focus on Valentine’s Day, offering a menu of romantic cocktails and dishes that complement each other perfectly, such as butter poached lobster tail with saffron-infused Alkkemist gin-based cocktail.
This intimate experience will take place on Feb. 9 and Feb. 16, from 6-8pm. Tickets are $75 per person (tax/gratuity additional), per evening, and attendees must be 21 or older. Visit The Edison’s event page for more information, or to book.
There will also be a special Valentine’s Day a la carte offering on February 14:
- Butter poached lobster linguine ($42) – Sauteed broccolini, blistered, maine lobster, pistachio cream sauce
- Chocolate covered bacon ($22)
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a must-stop for a Disney Springs foodie, and there are several limited items to enjoy in February that bring the heat.
The Eternal Flame Cookie: A velvety Chocolate Cookie is laced with a special house-made Ancho, Cayenne, and Cinnamon Spice Mix, infused with a magical essence of cherry, and topped with Chocolate Covered Cherries. Available daily. Heat Level: Medium
Eternal Flame Cake: A 3-Layer Double Frosted Chocolate work of art. Each layer features Red Cherry Buttercream, and the outer layer brings the intensity with a Chocolate Fudge Buttercream mixed with a little bit of that Eternal Flame spice. It’s also topped with Cherry Roses. Available by the slice every Wednesday and Saturday of February, with a limit of two per person. Heat Level: Entry Level.
The Fire & Iced Coffee: A smooth Mocha Nitro Cold Brew with a warm spicy finish. Available daily. Heat Level: Fairly hot if you drink it fast enough.
On Valentine’s Day, Jaleo at Disney Springs will offer a special Valentine’s Day menu, featuring a variety of Spanish tapas and desserts to share:
- Tartelleta de coliflor y caviar ($18) – Tartelette of cauliflower purée and Royal Ossetra Caviar
- Cono de higado de pato con membrillo ($8 each) – Foie gras and quince paste cone
- Carpaccio de Vieras con frambuesas y pétalos de rosa ($28) – Scallop carpaccio with raspberries and rose petals
- Lubina a la pobre ($38) – Branzino with sliced potatoes and onions
- Chuletón a la parrilla ($158) – 32 oz. Josper grilled ribeye served with confit piquillo peppers
- Sorbete de fresa y Cava con espuma de chocolate blanco ($16) – Strawberry Cava sorbet with white chocolate foam
- Sopa de frutos rojos ($15) – Cold berry soup with olive oil yogurt ice cream
Reservations are a must and can be made online at Jaleo.com.
Maria & Enzo’s and Enzo’s Hideaway
The Italian restaurant and neighboring speakeasy-inspired restaurant will offer a few specialty menu items on Feb. 14, only:
- Arancini al Tartufo ($19) – Black truffle risotto, fior di latte mozzarella, parmigiano crema
- Short Rib Lasagna ($36) – Fresh egg pasta, red wine braised short rib, besciamella, ricotta, fior di latte mozzarella, parmigiano, stracchino, extra virgin olive oil
- Torta di Pane al Cioccolato ($16) – Brioche, dark chocolate custard, fresh raspberries
Reservations are a must and can be made online at PatinaGroup.com.
The pan-Asian destination by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto is offering a special menu on Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day, only:
- 5 spice candied Ice fish “SHIRAUO AMEDAKI” ($18) – Japanese ice fish , 5 spice powder, Tobanjan and Ginger
- Whole lobster lo mein noodle XO sauce ($50) – Whole lobster, lo mein noodle, Bok choy and Seafood XO sauce
- Red Miso Glazed Faroe Island Salmon ($39) – Bok choy, Shaoxing gastrique, grilled rice cake and Morimoto duck broth
Reservations are a must and can be made online at MorimotoAsia.com
There is a new Chef special available at the restaurant: Chicken Pot Pie.
This limited-time menu item features their Polite smoked chicken thigh with bacon, blistered poblano pepper, roasted corn in a creamy homemade chicken gravy. It’s crusted with their Polite cornbread batter, baked until golden brown, drizzled with a hot honey glaze and accompanied by cucumber radish salad.
Salt & Straw
The limited ice cream flavors for February 2023 at Salt & Straw are part of the “The Chocolatiers Series.” The series features five flavors created in partnership with the country’s most renowned chocolatiers.
Here are the flavors:
- Cloudforest Chocolate Ishpingo & Mango – A tart lemon verbena sherbet spiced with ishpingo (a warm, cinnamon-y spice grown in the forests of Ecuador) is swirled with a delightfully intense dark chocolate ice cream created in collaboration with Cloudforest. A ripple of mango curd marries the contrasting flavors with a loving tropical touch.
- Compartés Coffee & Love Nuts – Created in tribute to Compartés founder Jonathan Grahm’s mission to share love through chocolate, a smooth, caramel-y medium roast coffee from Columbia is brewed, then blended with cream, and studded with Compartés immaculate Love Nuts (pecans caramelized in tahitian vanilla, sprinkled with sea salt, then coated in 14 layers of chocolate).
- Dandelion Cocoa Nibs & Frangipane – Dandelion’s dark cocoa nibs are steeped to create a stunning roasted chocolate base, then candied and tossed back into the ice cream for double the cocoa power. A velvety frangipane swirl flecked with bits of crushed almonds is gently folded in.
- Exquisito Guanabana Stracciatella – Caribbean guanabana (aka soursop) is an extraordinary fruit with a distinctly sweet and creamy flavor. It’s blended into a bright, refreshing guanabana sherbet. It’s then adorned with a ribbon of a roasty, floral Exquisito dark chocolate stracciatella.
- Fran’s Almond Gold Bar – Bite-sized Fran’s Chocolates’ iconic Almond Gold Bars tossed into a silky salted vanilla ice cream. Ribbons of heavenly hand-burned caramel and ultra rich dark chocolate stracciatella are then drizzled in.