A new update from Disney Cruise Line was just released. Due to the expected severe weather impact from Hurricane Ian at or near the Port Canaveral and Central Florida areas this week, the current sailing of the Disney Wish has been extended (to Saturday or Sunday depending on how fast the storm moves).
That also means the next sailing, due to depart on Friday, September 30, will be canceled. If you were booked on that voyage reach out to your travel agent or Disney Cruise Line if you booked direct. Guests will be offered a full refund.
As you might expect, Disney doesn’t like to cancel any cruises, especially for its newest flagship. But this decision was made with the safety and well-being of DCL’s Guests and Crew Members in mind. It’s not safe to return to port with a hurricane bearing down on the facility.
Walt Disney World has also announced closures and cancelations for Wednesday, Thursday, and a few locations are already closed on Friday.