Disney Springs has a lot to offer a foodie visiting Walt Disney World, and we have a bunch of news to share.
August 2022 brings foodie news of new flavors, special events, and the last few weeks of Flavors of Florida, just to name a few of the yummy bites we have for you.
Are you hungry? Let’s go…
The Edison hosts monthly mixology events and this month’s Mixology Series will offer cocktails and accompanying bites inspired by Captain Morgan Rum.
Tickets are $65 per person (tax/gratuity additional), per evening, and atendees must be 21 or older.
The events will take place on August 4, 11, and 18, from 7pm to 9pm at The Edison’s Lake Side Patio.
Visit The Edison’s event page for more information, or to book.
Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar
Enzo’s is relaunching its monthly Smuggler Series, where lovers of fine beer, wine and cocktails gather together to eat, drink and expand their knowledge of various spirits.
This month, the series will take place on National Rum Day on Aug. 16, and guests will indulge in expertly paired dishes and cocktails, featuring Flor de Caña Rum.
Tickets are $115 (+ tax/gratuity) per person and are extremely limited. Ages 21 and older only.
For menu details, or to purchase tickets, visit the Smuggler Series ticket page.
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a must-stop for a foodie visiting Disney Springs, and there are several limited items to enjoy this month.
The Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie Cookie returns for August. It has a Vanilla Bean Cookie Dough base infused with Florida Key Lime Juice, then it’s covered with Chocolate Chips and a special Key Lime Pie Crumb. There is a limit of two per paying guest per transaction.
The Orange Pecan Chocolate Chip, part of the Flavors of Florida promotion, will also be available until August 14. The companion coffee, the Orange Moch Nitro Cold Brew, will remain until the end of the month.
The cake of the month is Key Lime Pie Cake, available each weekend only. As a summer bonus, Dark Coffee Cake Slices will be at the store every Sunday.
There is also a new kind of treat being offered at Gideon’s this month: Gideon’s Cookie Truffles. The August flavor is Key Lime, featuring a hefty Gideon’s Truffle filled with some of the Key Lime Pie Chocolate Chip Cookie mixed with Key Lime Buttercream and a housemade Lemon Curd. Available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, with a limit of two per person.
Take a tour of Spain with Jaleo’s Tour de España tasting menu, an immersive culinary experience featuring classic and creative tapas.
This four-course menu is available Monday through Thursday this month. Cost is $49 (+ tax/gratuity) per person and the entire table must participate.
For the menu and reservations, visit Jaleo.com.
Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian
This month, Levy Preferred members receive double points during lunch at Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian restaurants.
This offer is available on weekdays only (Monday – Friday), from 11:30am to 4pm ET through August 31. Not valid with other discounts or promotions.
Salt & Straw
August’s limited ice cream flavors are part of the “Veggies You Crave Series,” an ode to the end of the summer season.
These adventurous foodie flavors are:
- Carrot Cake Batter w/ Pralined Hazelnuts: Plump, sugar-coated and slow-roasted carrots blend into a creamy, spiced ice cream that makes for the perfect host to crunchy, candied hazelnuts and a swirl of cheesecake frosting.
- Spinach Cake w/ Chocolate Tahini Fudge: Inspired by a classic Turkish dessert, spinach is baked into a fluffy golden-green cake slathered with chocolate frosting, then crumbled into a vanilla ice cream with smears of housemade tahini fudge.
- Green Fennel & Maple: This luscious green ice cream is made from an entire fennel plant with roasted seeds and juiced leaves, then steeped in fennel pollen and sweet maple syrup for a refreshing black licorice-like flavor.
- Charred Corn Curd, Cotija & Tajin: As an ode to Mexican street corn, Elote, torched corn is blended into a curd and ribboned through a housemade mayo ice cream with a touch of lime & tajin, topped with crumbles of cotija cheese.
- Red Chili Curry & Makrut Lime Crispy Rice (vegan): Inspired by Southeast Asian curries, red chilis, lemongrass, ginger, and spices are roasted together with a splash of makrut lime and mixed into coconut cream. It’s then topped off with handfuls of crispy rice florentines loaded with makrut lime.
It’s one way to get the kids to eat their veggies while they’re at Disney. And yes, these flavors are also available at the Disneyland location.
The bakery is offering several limited filled cupcake flavors throughout August:
- Through August 7: Cookie Cupcake and Pina Colada Cupcake
- August 8-14: Kosterina Balsamic Cherry
- August 15-28: Banana Split
- August 29-Sept 11: German Chocolate Cake
Flavors of Florida
The “Flavors of Florida” food and beverage promotion at Disney Springs runs through August 14, 2022.
Over 30 restaurants and shops at Disney Springs are celebrating fresh flavors from the Sunshine State to delight every foodie, and you can read all the menu details here.