As part of Disney Parks’ “Halfway to Halloween” promotion this week, Disney Cruise Line announced they will be offering Halloween-themed cruises this fall.
In addition to special entertainment and activities, including trick-or-treating, spooky parties, elaborate décor and limited-time food and beverage items, these “Halloween on the High Seas” sailings will also debut an all-new character meet and greet opportunity exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests.
While all characters on board will be adorned in Halloween costumes as part of the festivities, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Clarabelle Cow will debut a never-before-seen look as they dress up as the iconic Sanderson sisters, from the movie “Hocus Pocus.”
This is the sort of synergy we love to see between Disney Cruise Line and Disney Studios.
The centerpiece of every ship during Halloween sailings is the signature magical Pumpkin Tree towering over the atrium lobby, each with sprouting Jack-O-Lanterns and flickering lights.
Aboard the Disney Wish, guests will witness the debut of an all-new tree in the “Cinderella”-inspired Grand Hall. Featuring lighter bark, graceful branches, and a mystical face, legend has it that this enchanted tree (named Boo) grows beautiful gourds with the help of a wishing star.
Other highlights of these sailings will include:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party: Beloved Disney characters in Halloween attire will join guests for a fun-filled costume party.
- Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids: Adult-exclusive venues across the fleet will become a ghoulish setting for costume contests and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
- Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in staterooms.
- Ghoulish Delights: Guests will enjoy special themed food and beverage items.
- More spooky fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of ship announcements.
“Halloween on the High Seas” voyages will be offered aboard select sailings in September and October, departing from ports in Miami and Port Canaveral, Florida, as well as San Diego and New York City.
All sailings from Port Canaveral and Miami will include a stop at Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island paradise outfitted for family fun and relaxation, and brimming with special Disney touches.
To book your own Disney Cruise Line adventure, reach out to The Disney Blog’s own authorized travel planning expert, Stacey at Pixie Vacations. Booking your travel with Stacey helps support this blog, thank you.