With the arrival of Spring comes exciting openings, updates, and new treats at Walt Disney World Resort.
All across the parks, new menu items are coming, and the Backlot Express at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has several that you’ll want to try, including plant-based items.
Starting March 29, their menu is getting a revamp with delicious dishes including a Cuban Sandwich, Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork Burger, Teriyaki Tofu Bowl, and Chicken Southwest Salad, plus the Wookie Cookie is back
Over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery in Africa will be serving up a Marinated Pork Flatbread Sandwich featuring marinated pork atop of a cucumber-tomato salad, harissa aïoli, and greens with house-made chips, as well as Spiced Potato Hand Pies which are fried pastries with seasonal vegetables and potatoes.
Plus there are three Wilderness Explorer Cupcakes at the park:
- Flamingo Badge Cupcake, a coconut cupcake with exotic fruit filling, coconut frosting, white chocolate pearls and a white chocolate flamingo badge, found at Pizzafari
- Dragonfly Badge Cupcake, a pink lemonade flavor cupcake with a strawberry compote filling and topped with lemon frosting and a dragonfly medallion, found at Flame Tree Barbecue
- Dinosaur Badge Cupcake, a chocolate cake with a cookie cheesecake filling, found at Restaurantosaurus
While you’re over by the last one, hit up Dino-Bite Snacks for the new Cold Brew Iced Coffee, which can also be made into a Cold Brew Coffee Ice Cream Float, which sounds perfect for the rising temps.
The Barcelona Lounge at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is now offering live music on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and a new Build-Your-Own Gin and Tonic offering.
At Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, venture into the Scat Cat’s Club – Lounge for some new menu items, including a trio of Mickey-shaped Beignets, dusted with powdered sugar, served with red pepper jelly, pimento cheese, and green goddess dippers.
Fans of the Po’ Boy should also try the Oyster Beignet Po’Boy made with fried oysters, lettuce, tomato, Cajun rémoulade, and house-made pickles on a a Mickey-shaped beignet, and served with potato chips.
There are also three new adult beverages to imbibe:
- The Bebop Bloody Mary combines vodka and spicy bloody Mary mix topped with shrimp, andouille sausage, and celery
- The Syncopation Shift features vodka, rum, mango rum, melon liqueur, and pineapple juice with a glow cube
- The Bonfamilles Bourbon Peach Tea is made with bourbon, peach schnapps, and fresh-brewed sweet tea
Disney’s Old Key West Resort has changed the recipe for the Shrimp Fritters at both Olivia’s Cafe and Gurgling Suitcase Libations & Spirits to help support sustainable seafood initiatives .
And don’t forget the recent opening of Swirls on the Water, serving up several DOLE Whip flavors and treats at Disney Springs.
Which dish do you want to try first? Let us know in the comments.