Tokyo Disney Resort® has announced that a new special event, called “Totally Minnie Mouse,” will be held from January 18 through March 30, 2022.
Taking place at both Tokyo Disneyland® Park and Tokyo DisneySea® Park, it will feature Minnie Mouse-themed entertainment, merchandise, and food items available exclusively during the event.
Fans of Minnie Mouse can enjoy the “Minnie & Friends Greeting Parade: Totally Minnie Mouse,” at Tokyo Disneyland.
It will run up to 2 times a day, and Minnie Mouse and her Disney friends will greet you with the entertainment, music, and costumes from past Tokyo Disneyland Minnie appearances.
It will also change themes during the length of the event:
- Cheerful Minnie Mouse (Jan 18-Feb 13) – Featuring the themes of “Minnie Mouse” and “Minnie Oh! Greetings with Minnie.” Characters participating: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Chip, and Dale.
- Dreaming Minnie Mouse (Feb 14-Mar 1) – Featuring the music and costumes that appeared in Disney Princess Days. Characters participating: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck, Claris, and Marie.
- Enthusiastic Minnie Mouse (Mar 2-30) – Featuring the music and costumes that appeared at the Disney Summer Festival. Characters participating: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, and Max.
Meanwhile Tokyo DisneySea will present the “Minnie & Friends Harbor Greeting: Totally Minnie Mouse.”
It will run 2 times a day at the Mediterranean Harbor, and it will also change themes during the length of the event:
- Sweet Minnie Mouse (Jan 18-Feb 13) – Featuring the music and costumes from “A Table is Waiting.” Characters participating: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip, and Dale.
- Romantic Minnie Mouse (Feb 14-Mar 1) – Featuring the music and costumes from “Tokyo DisneySea Season of the Heart” and “Valentine Nights.” Characters participating: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Duffy, and Sherry May.
- Lively Minnie Mouse (Mar 2-30) – Featuring the music and costumes from “Minnie’s Tropical Splash.” Characters participating: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Clarisse.
During “Totally Minnie Mouse,” there will be new sweets and other tasty treats to try, too!
At Tokyo Disneyland, guests can enjoy a special dessert plate at the Center Street Coffeehouse. It features a Strawberry Mont Blanc, strawberry custard tartlet, and lemon mascarpone cream, served with a cute mixed berry soda float with Minnie Mouse ribbon.
The Polynesian Terrace Restaurant will have a special pancake set, featuring strawberry milk cream, brownie, raspberry mousse, strawberry ice cream, almonds, and soft drinks in addition to the pancakes.
And at the Refreshment Corner, enjoy a special cake-like fruit sandwich with a chocolate ribbon and Minnie Mouse details. Pair it with a yogurt drink with strawberry sauce and strawberry-flavored tapioca, topped with cream cheese whipped cream, strawberry-flavored chocolate, and raspberry granules. It also comes with an optional souvenir lunch case.
Over at the New york Deli at Tokyo DisneySea, guests can enjoy a special sandwich (cheese cream, diced ham, apple preserves, and berry cream), with fries and a soft drink. The souvenir lunch case is also available as an add-on here, too.
And while you’re in Tokyo DisneySea, stop in Mamma Biscotti’s Bakery for a special coffee-flavored tapioca latte with a souvenir Minnie tumbler.
Special Minnie Mouse-themed menu items will be offered at restaurants and lounges in Disney Ambassador® Hotel and Tokyo Disneyland® Hotel, as well.
At Empire Grill in Disney Ambassador Hotel, guests can enjoy a full course meal themed to Sweet Minnie Mouse starting with a colorful appetizer featuring bows and polka dots and ending with a cute dessert inspired by Minnie’s costume in the Tokyo DisneySea show “A Table is Waiting.”
Additionally, certain menu items will come with a complimentary, original coaster with designs that differ depending on the period and the restaurant.
Canna in Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will offer a lunch course featuring dishes with a motif of Minnie’s bows and polka dots, as well as a special drink themed to Cheerful Minnie Mouse.
And of course, there will be plenty of Minnie merchandise to take home from plushes to curtains, and so much more!
Is this the type of event that would make you travel to Japan to visit Tokyo Disneyland? Would you like this festival to come to Walt Disney World or Disneyland? Let me know in the comments.