It may have seemed like Disney+ threw so much great programming on the November schedule for it’s second anniversary, but the streamer has saved some great stuff for December.
First off, Walt Disney Animation’s 60th feature, “Encanto,” will debut for home viewing on Christmas Eve, plus “Ron’s Gone Wrong” will hit just before the holidays.
Star Wars fans will get “The Book of Boba Fett,” a spin-off of The Mandalorian featuring the legendary bounty hunter.
“Diary of a Wimpy Kid” fans will get one of two new adventures planned for Disney+, and reality fans will get three new shows: “Foodtastic,” a competition show hosted by Keke Palmer, plus National Geographic’s “Welcome to Earth,” hosted by Will Smith, and “The Rescue” about the rescue of the boys stuck in the cave in Northern Thailand.
Here is the full list of shows coming to Disney+ in December 2021:
Wednesday, December 1
- Hawkeye – Episode 103
Disney Insider – Episode 109 “Alice Through the Years, Creative Directing DWTS, Princess Provisions”
- Seventy years after its debut, see how “Alice in Wonderland” inspired a new generation of animation. Meet the man who is executing the creative vision for the 30th season of “Dancing with the Stars.” See how the Disney Princesses inspired delicious new treats at Walt Disney World Resort.
Friday, December 3
- Christmas… Again?!
- Disney Holiday Magic Quest
- Edward Scissorhands
- Ice Age
- Ice Age: Continental Drift
- Mickey & Minnie Wish Upon A Christmas
- Million Dollar Arm
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins
Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Premiere
- The first book in Jeff Kinney’s worldwide bestselling series comes to Disney+ in the all-new animated adventure “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.” Greg Heffley is a scrawny but ambitious kid with an active imagination and big plans to be rich and famous – he just has to survive middle school first. To make matters worse, Greg’s lovable best friend Rowley seems to coast through life and succeed at everything without even trying! As details of his hilarious – and often disastrous – attempts to fit in fill the pages of his journal, Greg learns to appreciate true friends and the satisfaction that comes from standing up for what is right.
The Rescue – Premiere
- “The Rescue” chronicles the against-all-odds story that transfixed the world in 2018: the daring rescue of twelve boys and their coach from deep inside a flooded cave in Northern Thailand. “The Rescue” shines a light on the high-risk world of cave diving, the astounding courage and compassion of the rescuers, and the shared humanity of the international community that united to save the boys.
Wednesday, December 8
- The Chicken Squad (S1, 4 episodes)
- Gabby Duran & The Unsittables (S2, 11 episodes)
- Hawkeye – Episode 104
- Life Below Zero: Northern Territories (S1)
- Muppet Babies (S3, 4 episodes)
- Spidey And His Amazing Friends (S1, 4 episodes)
- Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks (S8, 10 episodes)
Disney Insider – Episode 111 “Star Wars Action Figures, A Beauty and the Beast Anniversary, Disney On Ice”
- Head to the Lucasfilm campus, as well as travel to Hasbro’s global headquarters, to see how they came together to create the latest Star Wars The Black Series action figures inspired by “The Book of Boba Fett.” Also, “Beauty and the Beast” filmmakers along with Paige O’Hara, who voiced Belle, take viewers inside the Disney Vault to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the classic animated film’s release. Finally, meet the families who bring the magic and brilliance of “Disney On Ice” to a city near you.
Welcome to Earth – All Episodes Streaming – Premiere
- It might seem humans have mapped every inch of our planet’s surface, but look closer and you’ll discover that there is still so much more to uncover — the age of exploration is far from over! “Welcome to Earth,” a Disney+ original series from National Geographic, follows two-time Academy Award® nominee Will Smith on an extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime adventure around the world to explore Earth’s greatest wonders and reveal its most hidden secrets.
Throughout the six-part limited series produced by visionary Academy Award®-nominated filmmaker Darren Aronofsky, Protozoa Pictures, Jane Root’s Nutopia and Westbrook Studios, Will is guided by elite explorers on an awe-inspiring journey, getting up close and personal with some of the most thrilling spectacles on the planet — from volcanoes that roar in silence to deserts that move beyond our perception to animal swarms with minds of their own.
Friday, December 10
- Tron: Legacy
Wednesday, December 15
- Disney’s Magic Bake-Off (S1, 4 episodes)
- Gigantosaurus (S3)
- Hawkeye – Episode 105
- Life Below Zero (S17)
- Science Of Stupid (S8)
Foodtastic – All Episodes Streaming – Season 1 Premiere
- Hosted by the multitalented, Emmy® award-winning actress Keke Palmer, “Foodtastic” is an immersive global competition series in which highly skilled artists create extravagant scene work and larger-than-life sculptures made entirely out of food. From vegetables and butter to fruit and cheese, these everyday items are transformed into works of art. Each episode is rooted in iconic Disney IP and the food-based builds are an extension of that world. FLOUR SHOP founder Amirah Kassem and NYC’s City Cakes founder chef Benny Rivera serve as food art experts on the series.
Ron’s Gone Wrong
- Things go hilariously awry when Barney, a socially awkward middle-schooler, receives a malfunctioning, digitally connected device that’s supposed to be his “best friend out of the box.” In this action-packed animated story set against the backdrop of the social media age, a boy and his robot discover the wonderful messiness of true friendship. In addition to streaming on Disney+, the movie will be available to stream on HBO Max, in a 20th Century Films agreement. Read more about the movie.
Friday, December 17
- Home Alone 4
- Home Alone: The Holiday Heist
Arendelle Castle Yule Log: Cut Paper Edition – Premiere
- Hand-crafted from paper art by Brittney Lee, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ acclaimed visual development artist on “Frozen” and “Frozen 2,” this warm and inviting hearthside scene sets a festive holiday mood. Stylized cut-out paper flames combine with imaginative visual effects (including a touch of snow provided by Elsa) and silhouetted images of Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff and Sven to add to your holiday fun and enjoyment.
Wednesday, December 22
- Amphibia (S3, 4 episodes)
- Hawkeye – Episode 106 – Season Finale
- Minnie’s Bow-Toons: Party Palace Pals (S1, 5 episodes)
Friday, December 24
- King Tut In Color
- Lost Tombs Of The Pyramids
Encanto – Disney+ Premiere
- Walt Disney Animation’s 60th film is a heartwarming tale of a family and its magic. Recently in theaters, it’s now available to stream at home for Christmas. Read “10 Things You Need to Know About Encanto.”
Wednesday, December 29
- T.O.T.S. (S3)
The Book of Boba Fett – Premiere
- “The Book of Boba Fett,” a thrilling Star Wars adventure teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the Season 2 finale of “The Mandalorian,” finds legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett and mercenary Fennec Shand navigating the galaxy’s underworld when they return to the sands of Tatooine to stake their claim on the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate.
Friday, December 31
- 80s Top Ten (S1)