Disney Villains After Hours is returning to the Magic Kingdom in 2020. Guests get a rare opportunity to enjoy a nearly empty park along with some unique entertainment during this themed After Hours event. In 2020, Disney is nearly doubling the number of nights, offering 24 opportunities to attend between February 7 and July 10.
These after hours events offer a different experience than regular day time hours. Thanks to a limit on ticket sales, After Hours events at Walt Disney World are a way for guests to extend the fun late into the night experiencing the park’s most popular attractions with little to no wait.
With Disney Villains After Hours you also get the benefit of some extra villain-themed entertainment, food, and merchandise options you can’t get anywhere else.
- “Villains Unite the Night” stage show. Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in this exciting and villainous show which also features appearances by Jafar, The Evil Queen, Dr. Facilier, and Maleficent.
- Maleficent the Dragon, with her Steampunk style and signature wicked grin will be let loose at night – breathing fire as she creeps through the park as a one-of-a-kind experience for party guests. You can’t see this anywhere else.
- Dance the night away at a transformed central plaza where the Cinderella Castle Forecourt stage has been transformed into a killer club scene with a DJ spinning some sick beats.
- Discover surprising, villain-inspired additions to Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain. In Pirates, this has meant live performers and at Space Mountain, this means a unique ‘lights out’ experience.
- Eat and drink wickedly good food & beverages. A variety of specialty food & beverage offerings will be available for purchase, including tasty desserts, drinks and dishes inspired by your favorite villainous friends.
- Select complimentary snacks and beverages are also included in the cost of admission.
- Guests are encouraged to Disney Bound inspired by their favorite Disney baddie to add to the fun.
What you won’t find at Disney Villains After Hours are photo opportunities with villains, fireworks, or a parade. You’ll still have to wait for hard-ticket parties like Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for that. Your ticket will allow you in as early as 7 pm, so come early and enjoy the Fireworks that’s part of the daily regular entertainment if that’s your thing.
There is still some controversy around Disney holding ‘after hour’ events during times that might have previously been regular operating hours. I understand why Walt Disney World wants to offer unique experiences that offer incremental revenue opportunities too. While 24 nights may not seem like a lot when you add it in to other hard-ticket event nights, it’s getting up there in the percentage of the year when you can’t stay until midnight without paying more. I would prefer that Disney offer these after hours events at the other parks and not add any more dates to the Magic Kingdom, but I get why they’re doing it. I might even go a night or two myself.
Tickets for Disney Villains After Hours are now on sale. You can purchase tickets in advance for $145 plus tax or $155 plus tax on the event night. Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $30 discount.