Toy Story Land opened earlier this year bringing toys to life and giving guests a toy sized perspective of big fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. To celebrate, Walt Disney World invited a Domino chain-reaction maze artist to build a basketball court sized colorful domino maze involving more than 30,000 intricately placed pieces and then knock it all down. The result is a fantastic video that encourages park guests to play big when they visit the new park.
Designed by 19-year-old professional domino artist, Lily Hevesh and built freehand with the help of Disney Cast Members, the larger than life topple was put into action by the iconic Pixar ball and starred Toy Story characters such as Buzz Lightyear, Slinky Dog and the beloved Space Aliens, along with classic toys such as a Crayola Markers and Etch-A-Sketches. The mesmerizing topple also featured an array of complex tricks and unique chain reactions, resulting in one amazing video.
Here are the fun facts behind Disney’s fun domino topple:
- 5 people worked on the project
- 175 hours spent were constructing the intricate domino display (for 5 days total!)
- It took 220 seconds for the dominoes to come toppling down
- The build covered 768 square feet covered for the domino build at ESPN Wide World of Sports complex
- Exactly 32,000 total dominoes were used in the stunt
If you loved this domino topple video, be sure to checkout more builds from Hevesh.
Have you been to Toy Story Land yet? What was your experience like?