Attention future chefs and foodies. The Disney Youth programs put an educational spin on a trip to Disney’s most popular theme park destinations. This gives classes and student groups the opportunity to learn from one of the leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry. A new offering will add a culinary arts component to the menu.
The new program is aimed at future foodies or those who might be exploring a career in the culinary arts. It includes a backstage journey through a high-volume kitchen, bakery, and quick-service restaurant inside Disney California Adventure. At the end of the tour students will apply the learnings and develop their own ideas to add to an existing menu.
In the Disney Culinary Arts program students in grades seven through college discover how savory storytelling and top-notch ingredients can come together to fulfill their own culinary career aspirations. On this journey backstage through the kitchens of Disney California Adventure Park, students will learn everything from the basics of the kitchen to exploratory careers.
Some of the key learning objectives include:
- Define key terms used by culinary professionals
- Engage with professional chefs to discuss their culinary journey
- Learn safe practices for receiving, storing, preparing and serving food
- Discuss techniques for managing dietary restrictions and food allergies
- Explore educational and professional opportunities in the culinary arts
- Discover Disney’s culinary heritage and use of theming and storytelling through food
- Examine the importance of teamwork and leadership in the kitchen setting
- Understand the demands of different types of food service locations in an operating theme park
If you’ve seen marching bands or dancers in the parks, you’ve seen just a small part of the program. We like the idea of expanding it to some of the other areas that Disney has expertise in. Experiences and park admission can be combined for a discount.
Visit DisneyYouth.com to learn more or register your group of 10 or more students.