Get ready to blast off to a galaxy far, far away when Disney brings back Star Wars: Galactic Nights for one night only at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The event celebrates the entire Star Wars saga with exclusive, out-of-this-world entertainment, encounters with Star Wars characters, a panel discussion with creators of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – a new land coming to the theme park in 2019, special photo opportunities, event-exclusive merchandise, specialty food & beverage and much more.
“Star Wars: Galactic Nights is an incredibly special event, and this is only the third time it’s been offered,” said Phil Holmes, vice president of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. “Combine all of the one-night-only experiences with the limited number of tickets available, and it’s easy to see why this night is wildly popular with casual Star Wars fans, super fans and Jedi Masters alike.”
Here’s a look at event offerings:
- Stunning Projections transform The Hollywood Tower Hotel. Jaw-dropping projection technology will bathe the theme-park icon with stunning images of locations from across the Star Wars galaxy. Favorite film moments, special effects, lighting and, of course, the stellar Star Wars cinematic score support each celestial scene all night long. These projections will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights.
- New enhancements to Star Wars entertainment. The popular Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will glow with new show elements that debut at the May 27 event.
- Special Photo Ops – Disney has reproduced a number of iconic scenes from your favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations. These special photo ops are only available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars: Galactic Nights
- Character Encounters – Expect to encounter Star Wars characters from throughout the galaxy. You will also be able to view an Imperial Stormtrooper March with Darth Vader.
- Exclusive Food & Beverage offerings – Inspired by the stories and iconic characters of Star Wars, special food and beverage offerings include tasting-sized sips and bites and bring a delectable addition to this event. You will want to taste your way around the galaxy during Galactic Nights.
- Enjoy park attractions – Select attractions will be open to all guests – and some may even offer a special Star Wars twist on May 27 only.
As a hard ticket event, the park will be closed to normal day guests and activities will be exclusive for Star Wars Galactic Nights attendees. The event runs May 27 from 7pm until Midnight, which is just barely enough time to see most of the big events, but no where near enough time to do everything.
“Solo: A Star Wars Story” opens up on May 25th, so you might see some cool characters or backgrounds from that movie too.
Tickets are priced at $129 for adults and $114 for children ages 3-9 (discounts available for annual passholders and DVC members.) Call 407-WDISNEY for reservations or visit a WDW ticket location.