The premiere of a new Star Wars movie is practically a holiday for fans of the saga, that’s why Disney is hoping you’ll make a trip to Disney’s Hollywood Studios the day after “The Last Jedi” premieres to celebrate with other fans at the Star Wars: Galactic Nights events.
Star Wars legend Warwick Davis will be on hand to host the event. Scott Trowbridge from Walt Disney Imagineering will present more previously un-discovered details about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. And a whole new digital projection show will run for one night only – Star Wars: Galactic Destinations (rendering above).
We spoke with Michael Roddy, Show Director for Creative Entertainment for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts whose work includes the Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular fireworks and projection show.
Other highlights include:
- Park-wide, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including a new backdrop inspired by Star Wars Rebels, The Last Jedi, and more.
- Character meet and greets will include some of the rarer, fan favorite Star Wars characters.
- Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Select park attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy with the new destinations added for “The Last Jedi” and “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.”
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
- Come dressed in your finest Star Wars Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
Disney aims to represent the Star Wars galaxy from Phantom Menace to The Last Jedi and everything in between at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, effectively taking over the park for one night of the ultimate Star Wars party. You won’t want to miss it.
The event in Galactic Nights in April sold out. So book your ticket now.